Chapter 82.) Under Oath

"Gyal if he's calling yuh early in di morning, he misses yuh," an amused Kaari told Reign as they shopped around Ava's store.

"He calls to talk with Neela."

Kaari stared at her sister with her lips pursed, "you nuh believe dah."

Reign playfully rolled her eyes, "maybe but it'z better so I won't ave mi hopes up."

"Bye," Kaari scoffed, "Shawn still loves yuh, yuh prolly ain't working hard enuff for him to catch di hints. Knowing yuh and how it'z been since yuh had some dick... yuh nuh even know how to flirt with him anymore."

Reign gasped, "yuh pyscho!"

"Just saying, sure yuh got cobb webs," she snickered.

"Kaari get out mi business, thanks," Reign mushed her head back, "I'm sure yuh ain't getting nun fram Tamir."

"I am indeed having lots of phone sex with mi husband, thank yuh," she sassed.

Reign scrunched her face up, "Did nuh need to know dah."

"Sure yuh did," Kaari snickered then cut her eyes at her, "so... yuh and Ava are cool again?"

"I think so," Reign wasn't sure.

"How many times ave yuh been over her house to see Karter?"

Reign shrugged, "twice."

"Mmm," Kaari smirked, "sounds like progress to mi."

"Yuh just mek sure yuh mind yur business dis time... yuh were out of control last year."

Kaari laughed, "Y'all know alcohol, mi, and emotions nuh mix well... I waah mi sisters to be cool, wah wuz wrong with dah?"

"Yuh were acting insane," Reign reminded.

Kaari waved her off, "I wuz drunk, I nuh remember everyting."

"We know," Reign chuckled.

"It'z good yuh two are finding a way back, just don't be awkward around her and mek it weird."

"Tell dah to Lucky, he goes elsewhere when I show up."

"Duhhh," Kaari's brows creased, "nuh bringing up di situation but do yuh blame him?"

Reign shrugged, "No but when I speak he doesn't seh anyting."

Kaari placed her hand on her hip and tilted her head, "do yuh hear yur self gyal? Tink 'bout it for a second."

"I guess," she sighed, "I'm fine with just being cordial with Ava anyway."

"She's all yuh need to worry about," Kaari cut her eyes at her.

"Wah ever," Reign mumbled before heading to the dress section.

Across town, Sinclair and Dante were hanging out near the fountain on campus practicing for Dante's exam and discussing random things.

"Did you have any imaginary friends as a kid?"

"My dad has a habit of calling me a very peculiar person 'cause I stayed to myself," Dante replied then laughed at how his father was always cracking on him.

"Create a visual for me," she smiled, closing her eyes.

"Uh... picture it, I'm seven, it's a lil drama going on in my family, my pops losing his mind, my mom is trying to meditate the bad energy away, my auntie ready to beat up my pop's ex, and I'm sitting in my room snacking on apple slices wondering when the next episode of Dragon Ball Z is coming on."

Sinclair threw her head back in laughter, "why did you change your voice?" she laughed harder.

Smiling at her laughter, Dante shrugged, "had to add dramatic effects."