Chapter 27.) Feels Like...

"Call me intrusive, butttttt when are you and my brother getting married?" Assyria asked Kelly as they placed more drinks inside of the coolers.

"I offered to wait until Ava and Lucky get their wedding situated."

Assyria squinted at her, "I'm sensing some deception."

Kelly laughed, "no lies, you know we've been working on our own stuff and I just suggested that we wait until Ava has her fun before do so anything."

Assyria continued to squint at her, "mmm-hmm, don't let me find out."

"We are fine, I promise Sy," Kelly smiled.

"Fine," she caved, "because I do not have tha' emotional capacity to pretend dat I don't like you."

"Sy,"

"Seriously," she sighed, "I hate when new people come around and then they do something dat makes us hate dem... I prefer to never have to do dat with you... I like hanging with you," she softly admitted.

Kelly stood there for a moment before embracing her, "I appreciate that."

"Don't tell nobody I said dat, I'm supposed to be nonchalant and whatnot," she muttered then laughed.

"Your secret's safe with me," Kelly playfully whispered before releasing her.

Opening the other box of drinks, Assyria looked around the place and smiled, "I still can't believe my dad did dis."

"It's pretty dope of him... he asked if I could stop by whenever to do evaluations..."

Assyria turned towards her with curiosity etched on her face, "what'd you say?"

Kelly shrugged, "I like working in the hospital and I'm kind of scared."

Assyria chuckled, "none of tha' men here have a violent background if you're worried about dat. My dad sorta made dat nonnegotiable... but I can understand why you declined."

"I'll think about it but for right now, I'll stick to the hospital setting."

"You're tha' one with double degrees, Ms. Independent."

Kelly busted out laughing, "Don't do me, Sy!"

"Just sayinggg," she giggled.

After cleaning things up and making sure the men had everything they needed, the Stone family and the families of the ex-inmates headed home. At the Stones residence, the family met up to bring the celebration to an encore. The younger generation set up Michael Jackson's The Experience, the adults that wanted to play spades, gathered around the dining table, and the rest scattered around the living room and back of the house.

"Dawg, if you gon' renege at least give me a heads up," King said to Kwan after Dajon and Lucky collected two of their books.

"His ass been cheating since we sat down," Dajon laughed, skimming his deck.

"I misplaced mi diamonds," Kwan replied.

The table erupted in laughter when he tried not to smile.

"We just started, how you run out dat fast?" Lucky stared at him then shook his head.

"Come up off my partner now," King chuckled.

Lucky shook his head and dealt his card once it was his turn.

"I should've said we got seven," Dajon mumbled, checking his deck again.

"We good at six," Lucky casually replied before looking behind him when the door opened.