Chapter 64.) Keep That Energy

"Where do you think you're going?" an amused Lucky asked Zora when she called herself helping the construction crew.

"Help," she smiled, picking up her pink helmet.

"No you are not," Kairo laughed, grabbing her before she could run off. Hilarie had the day off and since Ava was hosting a meeting at her store with Assyria, Lucky decided to let Zora tag along with him and Kairo for a while.

"Daddy!"

"No, ma'am," Lucky told her.

Pouting, Zora climbed onto her chair and picked up her crayons.

Amused by her attempting to be upset, Kairo sat beside her, "you mad at me, tinka butt?"

Zora ignored him.

Lucky laughed when she cut her eyes at him, "princess?"

"Yes?" she smiled.

"What's tha' matter?"

"No," she shrugged.

Kairo chuckled, "my own God baby treating me like tha' first slice of bread," amused, he stood and headed toward the building to finish helping the men.

Zora climbed down from her chair and made her way toward her father.

Smiling at her, Lucky lifted her and sat her on his lap, "are you hungry?"

"Un-uh," she resumed coloring.

"You just wanna be close, huh?"

"Mm-hmm," she nodded.

"I'm thinking about buying some gifts for mommy, should I get more flowers?"

"Yes!"

"Should I buy jewelry?"

Zora remained quiet.

Lucky chuckled, "flowers?"

"Yes!" she grinned.

"Should daddy buy you flowers?"

"Yes!" she giggled.

"And some more toys?"

"Flowers!"

"Flowers it is," he smiled.

Kairo returned and took his seat across the table, "I need to buy some stuff for tha' baby."

Lucky was confused for a moment until it dawned on him, "we don't even know what we're having."

Kairo shrugged, "so? I'm in tha' mood to do some shopping."

"You always in tha' mood to do some'n," Lucky replied then checked the time on his watch, "I gotta grab some flowers before I get home... what store you tryna hit up?"

"Not sure yet, where should we go?" he stared at Zora.

"No know," she laughed, "toys?"

"A lot of stores sell toys," Lucky replied.

"Let's hit up Wally World."

Lucky frowned, "I am not taking my daughter to dat damn store, you want me to catch a charge."

Kairo chuckled when Zora gasped, "look at you cussing around tha' baby."

"We can go to Target," Lucky ignored his comment, "I 'ont like dat store either but I'd rather go there."

"Heard dat? We going to Tarjayyyy!"

"Toys!" Zora beamed.

Lucky shook his head, "money."