Chapter 35.) Let's Get Married

The success of any relationship relies on a few things but for some, it may change. Communication, trust, respect, grace, understanding boundaries, and love would be gems that Ava and Lucky will take heed to go forward. The ability for couples to communicate remarkably well is a major key to knowing how to disagree or argue gracefully while still respecting one another.

Communication is important and allows couples to comfortably share or voice their concerns or interests. It is also the gateway to giving and receiving support. But not many people understand the simple thing of communicating. Some may think that it's just talking, but good communication is based on the way people speak to and listen to each other, and how you may choose to respond. And when it is your cue to respond, a person should always remember that their body language often gives them away before their response does.

Communication was something that Lucky wanted to work on and he would proudly say that was the best proposal he could have ever recommended. Now he was preparing to marry the love of his life. The woman whom he considered the embodiment of beauty. Neither of the two was perfect but Lucky would admit that his stubborn headache had stolen his heart and changed his world for the best.

A wedding is a celebration that is supposed to bring joy and happiness to not only the couple involved but those in attendance. It's a memorable moment. A once in a lifetime thing, but some often try again for a second time. For Ava and Lucky, they understood they were no experts when it came to marriage but with those around them and their individual work, they would say that they had things figured out as best they could. 

When you get married, you are making a life-changing decision to commit to spending the rest of your life with one person with the addition of their family. It is a blessing. It's an amazing thing to experience. In the bible, it is said that love in marriage can be deeper and more selfless than in any other relationship. It is deemed the virtue that couples need the most. However way a person looked at or whatever it was they believed in, Lucky was ready to share the rest of his life with one woman. He was ready to expand their household but would do so on her time as best he could.

It was July the 12th, there were 22 hours until the wedding and everyone was trying not to think much about it as they enjoyed Costa Rica and the beautiful Dreams Las Mareas resort they would be staying on for the next two weeks. While the family stayed at that particular resort, Ava and Lucky would be spending their honeymoon at the Tulemar resort, in a jungle-style area after the wedding and reception were over. The two places were 5 hours apart, which meant no uninvited guests or walk-ins for the many things Lucky had in mind.

It was also rehearsal night but they were using that time to get reacquainted with each other. Per King's request, the family and friends took the family's private jet and landed on the gorgeous-looking beach at 2 am yesterday night/morning. Ava was in complete shock upon arrival and was at a loss for words with the welcome that the family received from the resort staff. To keep everyone in upbeat spirits and not have anyone emotional, old-school reggae and hip-hop was being played by the hired DJ, and food and dessert samples being brought out every fifteen minutes.

In attendance other than the Stone family, Karen included, there was Zaire, Kwan, Dominique, Kelly, and Yonas. Bryson and Laiya were there and happy as ever. Tamir was also there which shocked everyone but Lucky figured since he was Kaari's husband and only defending his friends, he could let the beef go.

Camille was sitting pretty with a guy friend of hers that she did not tell Lucky about or ask about bringing but Lucky decided to let that go as well. His aunt sent a gift by Camille but Lucky tossed it before they left the states, he did not want to carry any form of negativity or fake love with him on a journey that was not only important and new for him but Ava as well.