Chapter 73.) Tough Love

"Do you feel like there's a chance of the two of you dating again?" Dr. Rissa asked Reign.

"I'm hoping so... he's been randomly calling mi."

Dr. Rissa smirked, "to check on your daughter or to talk with you?"

"Both," she chuckled, "but lately it's been feeling as if he's just trying to get to know me again."

"Hmm..." Dr. Rissa nodded, "how does this make you feel?"

Reign shrugged then smiled softly, "I don't want to get mi hopes up for wishful dreaming but I don't plan on starting over with anyone else... I regret di part I played in everyting and I wish we could ave just worked it out."

"Have you ever tried telling him this?"

"He doesn't like talking about it... he always changes di subject."

"Because it still hurts him to think about it,"

"I tink he's more disappointed than anyting," Reign admitted.

"Be that as it may, I'm sure he's also hurt. As women, we sometimes forget that men have feelings and sometimes when they're hurt, it affects them differently than women. Some men go out and hurt other women to fill a void. Some may blame all women for the mistake of one. It sounds like your ex is hurt but he's dealing with it as best as he can by limiting interactions with you."

"I miss him tho... so much and I'm so mad at myself for being so stupid and full of resentment... I just... he hurt mi and I wanted to hurt him ten times harder."

"But now that you see where wanting revenge got you, do you think you've learned to communicate your feelings more?"

"Yeah," Reign sighed, "but not doing so costed mi our marriage."

"I think not forgiving him and making him believe that you were ready to entertain another man hurt your marriage... not the lack of communication."

"All roads lead back fi di divorce... I knew better but I'm hoping he'll continue reaching out... I wouldn't mind trying again."

"Even tho you're ready, I think it's only fair that you do things on his timing now. He gave you chance after chance before the fire ruptured... now that the smoke is clearing from your eyes, you still have to wait for your ex to fully reopen himself to you."

"Part of mi feels like he might end up dating someone else," she admitted, "I hope not."

"And if that is the path he chooses, you should honor it and be okay with it. You have to allow him the opportunity to figure out if starting over with a stranger is best for him or if trying again with you is better for the both of you."

Reign nodded, "I hear ya."

Dr. Rissa smiled, "we have fifteen minutes left, what else is new?"

Pondering briefly, Reign shook her head, "nutten really."

"How's your family?"

"Pretty good."

"Your lil sister?"

"We're improving but I know she'll never fully trust mi."

"Are things still awkward when you're around her?"

Reign shook her head, "whenever I look at her, I see mi kissing her husband, and it automatically meks mi feel disgusting."

Dr. Rissa nodded, "you haven't forgiven yourself so that guilt is going to continue to eat you up, Reign."

"I kissed her husband... lied about it and used it as ammo to ruin mi marriage... I ave no valid explanation for doing dah."

"Understandable but if you want to move forward with your sister, you can't go around her and turn stiff. Imagine how she feels whenever you're around, all she sees is her older sister making a move on her then fiancé. If you react weirdly around you, she'll do the same."