Chapter 71.) Simple Math

Marriage is supposed to be a sacred and joyous thing in one's life. It is not about thinking that it will automatically change someone or somehow force them into loving you when it's clear that they don't. Marriage is supposed to be based on loving your soulmate for who they are. It's based on love, forgiveness, humility, trials, and tribulations. Grace, patience, commitment, and trust, but what is one to do or feel if one feels as if a connection has been broken? Something as sacred as trust and empathy. Questions that Ava needed answered but just couldn't seem to get any from Lucky.

It was June. Drawing closer to summer and its indecisive weather. There was so much that would be happening within the month. King, Dajon, and Kairo planned to take a trip through Virginia to check out the empty land Kairo found in hopes of being able to purchase more acres if needed. Renae and Assyria were taking turns watching Zora who seemed to enjoy the best of both worlds. With her aunt, she got to enjoy running around the playground with other kids. She got to sample all types of yogurt and even got to use the forbidden in peace.

With her Nana, she got to travel through the city, go shopping, help with the garden, and even meet older people that she was sure she wouldn't even remember years from now. On days that she went to work with Lucky, she enjoyed getting the chance to help the guys out even if she was only allowed to hand out water bottles. She was almost two but was experiencing all aspects of life and enjoyed every moment of it.

It was only 1 pm but the agents had just made it back from handling a bomb threat situation. A man was upset about getting fired and tried to blow up the boss and building but received a bullet to the heart for not surrendering. Vengeance does not bring closure is what most would say but for the now deceased perpetrator, he thought otherwise.

"Have you figured out what she told them?" Von asked Carmen after entering her office.

"They didn't have anything to open a case... but Davidson does plan on pressing criminal charges after finding out they have a copy of the pair having sex..." she narrowed her eyes at Von.

Von had no idea why she was staring at him as if she didn't know he would tell Dajon. He looked at Dajon as family and if a bunch of shady Federal Agents had some private moments of his nieces recorded, of course he was going to accidentally on purpose tell him.

"I mean... you said it yourself that it was weird for them to keep that tape. Why would you want to keep a recording of people having sex? I swear this profession embarrasses me in a new way every day."

"I also told you that they were suspended without pay while under investigation... I remember telling you not to open your mouth, Von."

"Technically I didn't... it slipped and he caught it," he chuckled.

"Whatever," she rolled her eyes before sitting at her desk, "I'm almost certain that Agent Iggy knew about the fake nanny."

"I have been thought about that," he sat across from her, "she 'round here being friendly all of a sudden but I ain't dumb, she's waiting for the perfect time to attack Allen."

"She's been too quiet and you and I know what that means when one of ours is too quiet," she whispered.

"Mm-hmm..." he nodded, "what's the plan?"

"Keep your distance and keep your eye out... since the nanny plan failed, expect the Stones to be hit with other waves."

Understanding, Von checked the time before standing, "I'ma grab some food before we get called in for anything else."

"You do that, I'm going to head down to evidence and see if the recording was logged off the record."

"A'ight," he headed out.