Prologue ~ Chapter 2

Start from the beginning

''There is something unique about this one that even I cannot point out what is. I cannot tell if this young lady has magic or not.''

'How is that even possible!? So many series of events in one day! I've never experiences such thing!' I panicked.

''Ooo Mirror of Darkness! Guide these two to where they belong!'' just as I finished my sentence the Mirror of Darkness looked at me in silence.

''There is no place in this world where the boy's soul belongs. But as for the young lady...'' the Dark Mirror never finished his sentence and disappeared. It was as the Mirror was pondering about sending the girl home or not.

''Even the Mirror is acting weird now...'' I sighed.

''The ceremony is over! Dorm leaders shall lead the new students to their dorms! And you two are coming with me.'' I ordered.

I led Yuuken and Alerie to the only place within these premises where they would be able to live, The abandoned Ramshackle Dorm. Along the walk both were fascinated by their surroundings. I explained that while they are staying at the dorm, we would investigate how to get them home. 

Because I'm too gracious.

Alerie's POV.

''Oh, before I forget, do you two have any kind of Id's or something similar on you?'' the headmaster suddenly asked catching our attention.

Both of us searched our pockets with no luck.

Then I noticed a little white pouch around my waist. The headmaster and Yuuken turned their attention to the handbag while I opened it only for me to become shocked.

'A sword!? How can so much clothes and a sword fit in a little handbag like this!!!' I thought while I felt the blood drain out of my face.

''Are you alright, Alerie? You look quite pale.'' the headmaster asked me.

''Uhm, m-maybe you should see for y-yourself... '' I said while stuttering and gave the handbag to the headmaster.

''Oh, my. It's been ages since I've seen such a bag... Let me explain... This is a bewitched pouch, and an Extension charm is put on it. Many years ago, owners of such bags would use them to carry supplies without the extra weight on their journeys and such. Even though the bag is rare, only a handful of mages are able to place this charm. I don't know how you got your hand on it, but you should consider yourself very lucky and take good care of it.'' the headmaster explained while Yuuken and I paid attention to his explanation.

''Here you go. Pull the sword out and you will se how practical the bag is.'' the headmaster said while giving me the bag and motioned me to pull the sword out.

I hesitantly put my hand in the pouch and reached for the sword. When I pulled it up it wasn't heavy as I thought it would be but rather light. I gave the pouch to Yuuken for him to hold while I unsheathed the sword from its scabbard*

The sword had a blue hilt. The blade also had a bluish color on its lower part while it was pure metal on its upper part.

Both Yuuken and I admired the blade until the headmaster put a hand on my shoulder which made me turn my head towards him.

''I must say that is a beautiful sword you got there. Whoever left it in the pouch must have wanted you to have it... Anyways it's already late. Let's head to the dorm where you two will be staying.''

'It's this familiar feeling again.'

''The weird thing is, that I know how to wield a sword, but can't remember exactly how I know it...'' I said to the headmaster confusingly.

''It's seems that you have a special case of amnesia.'' the headmaster said with a worried look on his face.

''I'm no expert of the matter, but I'm sure that you eventually will regain your memory if you don't lose hope.'' he said making me feel better again.

''Thank you.'' I said cheerfully.

.

What the three didn't realize was the growling creature with red eyes looming in the shadow, watched them leave...

Word count: 1245

To be continued - Please leave a like and comment 😄

*A scabbard is a sheath for holding a sword (source: https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/scabbard)
If you know another name for it, please do say so.