I am the Alpha - Part 37

Start from the beginning

“Why?” I huff.

“Cause Lucas and the others have come to meet the new family....” He trails off but we’re already rushing down the stairs and out the door.

Bursting out of the door we’re met by the non Pack guys who are all just in shorts and are talking to the new guys in serious voices. I slow my pace to look respectable.... not that I care but being Beta I have to make a good impression. Well at least until the parents are gone and then I can give the death threats for lesson one.

I walk over purposefully; silencing the guys and making Oscar look over. I walk straight up to Margret, John and Oscar putting out my hand. “Nice to meet you both, I’m Jack the East Forest Beta.” I inform them formally getting a firm shake from John who has a faint trace of power coming off him.

“You too, Jack.” He smiles warmly. He then motions for his three sons who come over immediately probably relieved to get away from the Tribe guys. “These are my sons; Alexander” He signals to the youngest who looks up at me with a grin on his face.

“Alex.” He informs me also putting out his hand which I take.

John then motions to his middle son “This is Benjamin”

“Hey Jack, call me Ben” Ben tells me confidently also grasping my hand his grip strong.

John the motions to his third and final, thank god, son. “And this is Luke.”

Luke turns to look at me and we both eye each other up and down automatically, his blue eyes meeting mine. Luke puts out his hand for me to shake giving me a friendly smile I take it, both of us apply a lot more pressure than necessary testing strengths. I let out a small growl to make sure he knows who is dominant, I have a feeling I may be fighting Luke if he joins the pack he has a lingering power like his father but it’s not as strong as mine. I growl again and Luke pulls back in acceptance of my dominance.

I turn to face the whole family none of whom are fazed by our behaviour seeing as its natural Werewolf behaviour on a first meeting. “Welcome to the East Forest Tribe.”

I then beckon for the pack and they all walk closer. I point to them as I go around naming names “These are the members of the pack; Sam, Mitch, Jordan, Chase and Matt.”

“Such a small pack,” John comments raking his eyes over us.

“Well you’ve seen the Alpha. We’ve never needed it to be bigger and they are all close it seemed a shame to disturb the balance.” Oscar explains smiling as he mentions Erin. She’s definitely talked to him.

“We’ve heard your reputation. It’s just different to see it.” Margret smiles warmly at us all.

I turn to meet Seb’s eyes and motion for them to come over as well. “I think you’ve seen this lot but I’ll introduce you.” I tell the family as Seb comes up on my right followed by the others. “This is Seb, Calum, Lucas, Rick and Jay, who is Oscar’s son.” I tell them simply.

“Yeah we’ve met” Ben tells me a slight edge to his voice.

“What did you lot do?” I ask looking at them.

“Nothing…” They chorus together, acting very suspicious.

“How old are you guys anyway.” John suddenly interrupts the tension filled conversation.

“18” the rest of the pack and I all chime at once followed by the other whom also list off their ages.

“What about you three?” Matt asks them curiously though we’ve all guessed how old they are.