Chapter 2 Page 7

---(Y/N) P.O.V---

I showed them where the Toriel bittys were. I quickly grabbed the flashcards and explained how a Toriel bitty acts. "A Toriel bitty is known as a parent-type bitty for its motherly love and affection. Not only that, but they know right from wrong and will always try their best to protect you. But just like every mother, they never stop worrying about you, whether it's school, work, sleeping, or even eating right they never stop worrying about you." I took a quick deep breath. "Not only that, but they require little to no maintenance since they are a tiny adult. They are a great bitty for people who are new to bitty adoption. I hope that this information was able to help you and encourage you to adopt this bundle of joy!" I said with a huge smile on my face.

I saw how the little girl was looking at one of the Toriels who wore a blue flower clip and a long blue dress. I bent down to the little girl's level and smiled. "Do you want to talk to her?" She vigorously nodded. I opened the gate latch and slowly opened the door. She stepped in a little timed and nervous. She slowly started to walk toward that particular bitty while fidgeting with her hands. The mother sighed but smiled. "Thank you for the suggestions. Is...there anything I should know about this bitty?" I was about to speak, but Keeper piped up. "That particular bitty is named Echo, she had to be returned...due to the fact the kid who adopted her...sadly passed away. The mom and dad couldn't have her around since she reminded them of their dead kid. She's been here with us for about 3 years now, trying to find the right family that sparks her soul. Sadly, she hasn't been very trusting of other kids, adults, or even us workers. Your daughter might be that spark she's looking for; if she is, she'll do everything to protect her and you." I saw how the mother looked at the bitty with a sad gaze. I looked to see Echo and the kid smiling and laughing, as they were both sitting on the ground.

After a few minutes, I see Echo asking the kid something, I can tell that she's looking a little nervous. I saw how the kids' eyes lit up as she shook her head yes and gently picks up Echo to hug her. I could tell out of the corner of my that the mother looked very happy, that her daughter found a companion. Soon, the rest of the Toriel bittys were clapping and cheering for the heartwarming moment.

---Narrator---

The kid was still hugging Echo as she walked over to us and her mother, looking very happy. "I would like to adopt Echo, is that okay, Mommy?"
mother bends down to face Echo. "As long as it's alright with Miss Echo here." Echo turned to face the mother while wiping a tear from her left eye. "Yes! I want to be adopted by the two of you! I promise to protect your daughter, and I'll make sure to give her lots of love!" Echo said with a tear going down her face. The mother smiled and nodded. "Welcome to the family Echo! Let me go get the Toriel bitty care package real quick. April can you wait for mommy by the cash register? That way you can ask the nice lady some questions about how to care for Echo." The mother said while smiling.

You started to walk to the register up front, with the little girl. "Where did you get your bitty?" You tilted your head slightly. "My...bitty? Oh! You mean Keeper here. No, he's not my bitty. He's just helping me since I'm new here. I do appreciate Keeper, thank you very much." You said to Keeper as you got to the cash register. The little girl was still hugging Echo and looked a little worried. "Why is Echo crying?" You didn't know how to answer that question, but you gave it a try. "Well...that's a question for you to ask Echo, but if I had to guess she's just happy to have found someone like you. So make sure you give her not only lots of love and care but make sure to listen to her from time to time just in case." You said with a smile.

April nodded. "Okay! I promise to care and love for Echo, with all my soul!" You flinched slightly at the last part she said, but remained calm. "Do you have any bittys?" You nodded. "I have 4." You saw how excited April looked. "Really!? What type are they?" You smiled. "One is a UT Sans and Papyrus, and the other two are a UF Sans and Papyrus. My adorable skeleton group."

April looked interested in the story behind that, but her mother came in with the Toriel bitty care kit. "Thank you so much for watching April!" I nodded. "Of course ma'am. She was very polite. Now before I can let you have her, and let you sign the adoption papers I need to ask some questions. First, have you ever had any bittys before?" The mother was about to say something when April interrupted. "No. This is the first time we've ever adopted a bitty." You nodded. "Have you ever had any interactions with bittys before today?" April nodded. "Yeah! My best friend showed me how he got a bitty. I think it was an Asgore bitty, and his name is Chai! He told me it means living and vital! It was really cool, and Chai is so nice!" You chuckled lightly.

---(Y/N) P.O.V---

I kept asking questions like: do you have a big family, or any pets, or what are your thought on monster living with humans, what do you think is the best method of caring for a Bitty, and how long do you have to go to work or school? Questions like that, and this went on for a good 5 or 6 minutes. When I asked the final question. "Do you both accept that you will be randomly visited, to ensure both the bitty safety and your safety?" I saw how April didn't understand what that meant, but her mother did. "Of course."

I smiled as I felt Keeper taping me on my shoulder. "These two are in the green, just have them both sign the paper, and don't forget to get Echos signature." I nodded. "Alright, I just need payments for the care kit and the bitty. Oh and for all three of you to sign the adoption papers. Then Echo will be part of your family." April looked so happy, same with the mother. The mother quickly handed her debit card to me. The payment went through and she, April, and Echo, started to sign the paperwork. They handed it to me, I looked over it and smiled. "Everything looks in order, here you keep these two papers," I said as I handed her the two papers. "Congratulations on getting adopted Echo! I hope you will live a wonderful life with your family!"

"Thank you! I hope so as well!" Echo said with a smile. "Keeper! Thank you so much for everything!" Echo said to Keeper. "No problem. See ya Echo. Hope ya have a nice life."

---Narrator---

You see the three of them walk out the front door looking very happy. You look out the door to see what a nice day it is. You take a deep breath and smile from ear to ear.

---Sorry I'm going to have to stop here. I hope you all enjoyed this page! See you all next time! And remember to stay Determined!  : )---