Chapter 2 page 6

---(Y/N) P.O.V---

I continued to introduce myself to the rest of the bitties, I saw some that looked like a blue fish, with red hair, some that looked like a robot, but with different colors, one was pink with black, another was black and red, and the final one was a light blue with white. I admit I wanted to talk with them, but they were talking about what to do for their next show, so I didn't bug them. As I introduced myself, I saw some spiderwebs on the wall leading up to the ceiling. I saw some spider-looking bitties, one of them saw me staring and gave me a chuckle while smiling at me. I walk over there and give a timid wave to the group of spider-looking bitties while rubbing the back of my neck. "Umm...hi! It's nice to meet you...I'm (Y/N)...I'm one of the new workers here. If you need anything please let me know, or if you have any advice for me." One of them stared at me and gave a smile. "No need to be so nervous my dear. We don't bite...but I do have to ask...do you hate spiders?" She said while glaring her eyes at me. I paused to think for a moment. "No...but they do freak me out from time to time. I admit that much, but I don't hate spiders." I said as I slightly shrugged. 

She snapped her fingers and a few spiders came down holding something in their legs, it was tiny doughnuts! I held my hand out in confusion, and the spiders landed and started to crawl around on my hand. I suddenly got goosebumps as they crawled around my hand. They left me the doughnuts, one was a vanilla doughnut, with dark purple frosting with a bow, and the other two were chocolate doughnuts with light purple color frosting. I smiled and ate the doughnuts in one gulp, as I crunched on the doughnuts I noticed something. I tilted my head slightly and looked at the spider bittys in confusion. She started to chuckle and smile all while looking at me. "I see you've noticed the secret ingredients of our doughnuts, see all our doughnuts are made by spiders from spiders. Normally we would charge you around 100g, but these are on the house since you're new here." At first, I didn't understand why they were made out of spiders until I realized why they were. "Oh! I get why they're made out of spiders!" The bittys looked surprised by this. "You do?" One of the spider bittys said in confusion. "Yes! I remember that certain spiders are a good source of proteins! I remember reading about it in an article when I was in middle school,  I was doing some research for a paper about spiders. If I remember correctly they have zinc and...folic acids that are pretty good for you." The bittys looked so surprised. 

"I must say, my dear, we never meet someone who knew the reason for our secret ingredients. Next time you come we'll give you a discount on our spider goods. And if you ever need any information let us know dear. After all, we have eyes everywhere here, thanks to our spiders Ahuhu!" I smiled. "Thank you. I can't wait to work with you all, and help each of you find a forever home!" I said as I waved goodbye to the interesting group. I walked over and saw Aoi on a walkie talky, she sighed heavily.  I walked over to her. "Is everything okay?" Aoi shook her head no. "Not really. One of the bittys in the special care room is giving James trouble. Can you manage the front of the store for a little bit?" I thought about it but nodded.

Aoi walked me over to the front of the cash register and explained the steps of adoption. "When adopting a bitty there are some special papers in that filling cabinet over there. When adopting there's a piece of paper that has a specific list of questions, which is laminated and already put in the filing cabinet. And when you ask the questions of why they wanted to adopt, and do they know the responsibility of adopting. Make sure that you have a Sansy bitty, an Underswap Papyrus, or have Keeper here with you when dealing with adoption. Once you're finished with the questions there are adoption papers with terms and agreements both the person adopting and the bitty being adopted must also sign the papers. Do you have any questions (Y/N)?" I thought about it for a moment. " No, I understand what I'm supposed to do." Aoi nodded. "Keeper you stay here, and help out (Y/N) okay?" Keeper gave a thumbs up. Keeper teleported to the counter. 

I walked toward the cash register where Keeper was standing, he somehow got a cigarette lit and started to smoke. "Sooo...Keeper...do you like working here?" Keeper looked up from the ground. "Yeah, I like working here. M.C. is pretty nice, and I like working with my caretaker. James is also nice, he and Dewdrop make a nice team when helping any bittys who are hurt, or in need of a check-up." I nodded. "Can I ask you something?" I said while scratching my arms slightly.  "Yeah, what do ya want to know?" I shuffled slightly to the left. "I was wondering if...my...soul is an unusual case, compared to other humans and monsters." Keeper sighed deeply. "Your soul is a strange case, I don't understand how it can even look like that. A soul is the very culmination of your being, it represents you and how you are as a person." I rubbed the back of my neck. "Yeah, I...never mind forgetting that I asked anything, thanks for answering my questions." Keeper nodded. 

I saw a little girl and her mother come into the store, and both walked toward me. "Hello there!  My daughter is looking for a bitty companion for her, and we were hoping that you could help us find the right one for her." I was a little nervous, but I quickly calmed down. "Yes, of course! What type of bitty are you looking for? We have many different types each with their own personality, likes, and dislikes." I saw how the mother was about to speak, but the little girl spoke up. "I want a friend who's nice, sweet, and kind, but I also want someone who's exactly like my mom!" I smiled. "Of course! There are a few that are like that, but I would suggest a Toriel bitty if you want a motherly feeling." The little girl looked so happy, she hugged her mom tightly. The mother smiled at her little girl. "Do you think you can show us where they are?" I nodded. "Of course!"

---Sorry I'm going to have to stop here I hope you all enjoyed this page! See you all next time and remember to stay Determined! (Hey guys sorry I didn't update yesterday, I forgot to hit the publish button. Sorry again!)---