Page 37

---Narrator---

As you look at the heart, that was floating above you, for a split second, you looked disgusted by it. You look like you wanted to shatter it right here and now, but you refrained from doing it. You quickly put your soul back and take a few deep breaths. You look up to see Mrs. Cry looking at you with sadness, while her hand was over her mouth. You feel a tap on your shoulder, you look to see it was the cat lady, she was offering you a stick of gum. You shook your head and politely declined the offer. You sighed. This was one of the many reasons why you hate your soul, it tends to have this effect on people. You look at Mrs. Cry. "Excuse me, Mrs. Cry, but I take it that I don't get the job?" She looked at you with a sad look. "I...you...of course, you can get the job. You have an excellent personality, and you don't mind treating bittys as people, not objects. So...yes you can work here. If you want you can start today. We have some work uniforms in the locker room." You look at her with a small smile. "I...I would love to start today. But may I ask you a question?" Cry was curious about what you had to say. "Of course." "Well, you see...I saw online how you have a hospital for bittys here. I was wondering if I could make an appointment to have my bittys checked upon. Just to make sure that they are good and healthy. If that's okay with you." Cry nodded their head. "Of course. If you'll wait outside for a moment I'll get the paperwork set up, that way you can drop them off there while I show you around." You nodded. You got up and walked out of the office.

---Mrs. Cry's P.O.V---

I start looking for the paperwork for Mrs. (Y/N). As I look, I notice that Aoi was looking at me out of the corner of my eye. I look at her in confusion. "Is something wrong?" She nodded. "I...I have my bitty Keeper here with me as usual whenever we have a potential recruit joining us, and as you know he is great at telling who's lying and who isn't. And... after she left he told me that she isn't lying and that she is telling the truth." I nodded. "Keeper is that true?" I see her G-Sans popping out of her scarf, wearing his usual black leather clothing, with his tiny cigarette in his mouth.

 "Keeper is that true?" I see her G-Sans popping out of her scarf, wearing his usual black leather clothing, with his tiny cigarette in his mouth

( EchoTale!/Gaster! Sans | Artist RyuO.)

"Yup, the kid is pretty much harmless, though I am concerned about...her soul. I've seen a lot of souls while staying here, some good, some bad, some awful, but hers is a pretty strange case M.C. She seems like she'll do fine, but I still think we should keep a close eye socket on her, just to be safe." I nodded. "Alright thank you both for the assistance. Aoi can you get our newest member gets a work uniform, then take her to the Bitty Hospital, and show her around once you're done? " Aoi nodded at this and left.

---Meanwhile, before Aoi left---

---(Y/N) P.O.V---

---Warning mentioning of trauma---

---Skip to the end if you feel uncomfortable with this---

I sit down on the chair next to my little friends. Sans keeps making puns to annoy Papyrus, and Red is telling some dark-humored jokes to Boss. 'I think one of them was something about a cow with no legs and the punch line was a corpse. I thought about what I said to Mrs. Cry, about getting them checked up once. I should let them know about it....sigh...I hope this doesn't cause a ruckus. But I need to make sure that they're fine and getting the amount of love they need to survive on.' I took a deep breath in, and let it out. "Guys...listen I have something to tell you, I'm gonna be able to work here. The second is that I talked to Mrs.Cry and asked if I could get you guys checked upon at the Bitty Hospital here. Just make sure that you guys are okay and healthy. Okay?" Sans had a sweat drop go down his skull and Boss had a blank eyesocket look. "Kid we're fine, we don't need to be checked upon," Sans said slightly agitated. "Yeah, Sans is right. We don't need some quack telling us what we already know." Red said while scratching his cheekbone. "Look I know it's uncomfortable, but I need to know on a medical level if you all are okay," I said slightly upset. "We do not need to be checked upon. Our magic can heal us!" Boss said while slightly glaring at me. "True, but I'm not just only talking about your magic. I'm also talking about all of your mental health too. All that trauma you had to deal with isn't good for any of you!" I see Sans sighing. "Look we're fine, you don't need to" I cut him off. "No! I am putting my foot down, I may be a pushover, but I'm not letting this one go. I need to make sure that you all get the help you need, you may be fine now but what about in a few days or a few months!? Trauma works in funny ways, one moment you feel fine another moment you feel like the whole world is against you, playing with your emotions and causing so much pain!" I said with an upset look. I saw how the whole group looked shocked at me. 

---Mentioning of trauma end---

I soon realized I was getting ahead of myself. "S-sorry...I just want to make sure that you guys are okay, I don't want anything to happen to the people I care about." I said in a whisper. "NYEHEHEHE! NYEHEHEHE! NYEHEHEHE!" Boss was suddenly laughing like crazy. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU! HAHAHAHAHAHAH! OH, MAN! YOU-YOU PFFT! HAHAHAHA! OH, MAN!" Red was suddenly howling with laughter while bagging his little hand on the chair cushion. I looked at Papyrus and Sans for help, they both looked just as confused as I. After a few seconds, they both calm down. "Now this is a side of you that I like! NOW YOU SOUND LIKE SOMEONE WORTHY OF MY GREAT PRESENCE! I THE GREAT AND TERRIBLE BOSS APPROVE OF THIS APPOINTMENT!" Boss said while smirking. "Yeah the Boss is right, it's nice to hear you've got some backbone in ya. I think we'll do just spine at the quacks place." Red said while shrugging. Boss and Papyrus groaned at the puns, but Sans was snickering at the puns. "Hehehe. Tibia honest I'm glad you've got some thick skin on ya, unlike us skeletons here. Sans and Red were dying of laughter, while Boss and Papyrus looked like they were going to grind their bones into dust. " Pfft. So we all agree that y'all need to be checked up on?" I saw each of them give a node. "Alright." I saw the cat monster walk out the door. "Mrs. Cry said that she wants me to show you around, and get a work uniform for you." I nodded and gently put Boss on one shoulder, and put Papyrus on the other. Sans and Red teleported onto my head. 'That's new.' I thought to myself. "Ready to work with you Mrs?" I said with a smile while tilting my head. "Aoi. That's my name, and you don't have to call me Mrs. Just call me Aoi." I nodded. "Okay, Aoi. Nice to meet you, I'm (Y/N)." I said while putting my hand out. "Nice to meet you too," Aoi said while shaking my hand. "You ready for the grand tour?" I nodded. She gestured for me to follow her.

Sorry, gonna have to stop here. I hope you all enjoyed it! See you all next time! Also...HAPPY EARLY EASTER EVERYONE! I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE AN EGGCELLENT DAY!