Chapter 61: hospital

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

--Erica's POV--

I sit up straight and see the bed next to me is empty. I rub the sleep from my eyes and move my feet to touch the floor from off the bed, "Blake?" I ask walking towards the door. I hear loud groans coming from the bathroom and knock on the door hearing a faint, "Go away". I slowly open the door and see Blake in and out of consciousness on the floor as his body is covered in sweat. I run to his side and he tries pushing me away. I yell for Reece and he quickly comes running out of his room worried.

"Kyleigh......we have to get him to the infirmary," he says. Reece passes me one of Ashton's bandanas and tells me to tie it around the lower half of my face. We both give each other worried looks as we help Blake to his feet. We slowly help him down the stairs and out of the front door seeing Thomas and Cora walking down the street. Thomas yells for his dad as he runs down the street.

"Thomas stay where you are. Dad will be fine but you have to keep your distance," I tell him holding my free hand out. Blake tries to smile at his son but his body is too weak to comply. We hurriedly carry him inside and see Ashton overwhelmed by the number of sick people.

"Shit...Blake," he whispers as he helps us carry him to a bed, "How long has he been like this?" He asks looking between Reece and me.

"I woke up and he was on the floor of the bathroom.....what's happening?" I ask looking around to see pale patients everywhere.

"Go talk to Kyleigh. You have to get out of here," he says motioning towards the door. Reece hesitates before walking out giving Ashton one last look to tell him he loves him. We both run towards Kyleigh and Luke's seeing Cora and Thomas on the porch with them. Thomas is crying as Kyleigh holds him in his arms to try and soothe the small boy.

"Mom," he calls seeing me walking up the steps.

"What is going on?" I ask looking at the couple.

"Ashton called me last night and there is a virus going around...Luke and I made a plan to go to the hospital to get the meds we need...it's our only hope to save everyone," She says.

"I'll grab my bag," I tell them going to talk off the steps.

"We need you here," Luke says.

"Fuck that. I'm going. Jensen, Bailee, and Reece can hold down the fort," I tell them.

"I'm going. I'm not just gonna stand around and wait for Ashton to help those people. We are all going and I'm not going to sit here and waste time arguing. Now get your shit and let's go. Kids go to Jensen and Bailees. They have been around the Davidsons the least and if anything happens go to the infirmary," He says shocking all of us at his initiative.

"Let's get going then," I state going into the garage to grab everything we could need for this trip. Kyleigh grabs the map out of the drawer in there and stares at it, "Everything is going to work out. It has to," I tell her as I zip up my bag.

"I'm sorry about Blake," She says. I look at her briefly before walking out of the room. She joins me as we walk outside and starts talking about last night when Ashton called her. I go to ask if everyone is ready to leave and see Luke leaning with his arms against the truck. We both look at Reece and he shakes his head with the same look he gave Blake.

"No...." Kyleigh whispers as Luke's leg's almost give out. He glances at us with a pained smile and tells us we have to go now. Kyleigh walks towards him and holds his hand up telling her he will be fine. Bailee runs over wearing a makeshift mask as she helps Luke walk to the infirmary.