Part 26: Party Time

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

-Erica's POV-

The guys started pouring drinks and passing them out, just as Luke and Kyleigh came back inside. Abigail and I give each other a side glance when we see the smile on Kyleighs face.

"So, how was the short walk in the rain?" Abigail says raising an eyebrow. I watch as Luke continuously looks over to see what she's doing as she explains it was a 'simple' walk.

"I don't buy it. Lover boy over there can't take his eyes off you," I whisper. She discreetly peeks over her shoulder to see if what I'm saying is true, immediately turning back when she realizes I was right.

"We can talk about it later. We should focus on the group for tonight," she says, taking the drink that Ashton passes her.

"Talk about what?" He asks, handing the last drink to me. Everyone but Jared and Abigail cheers to another night in hell as another loud clap of thunder roars from outside. We have
Most of the candles in this one room so it's not as dark and scary. The other ones are in the kitchen.

"How are you feeling?" Calum asks, standing behind me, wrapping his hands around my waist. His head resting perfectly between my shoulder and neck.

"I'm excited that we can all let loose for one night," I say with a wide smile, "how are you?" I ask, turning around, resisting my hands on his chest like I always do. He looks at Ashton and Luke behind me and gives a simple smile.

"I miss him...of course I miss him....it just doesn't feel real. Michael was the party man of the group," he tells me, placing his drink down on the table.

"You know I'm always here to talk," I tell him, getting an eye roll.

"I know. Now let's party in his honor. He would have punched me in the face if I wasted this night talking about him," he says, making Luke and Ashton laugh as they walk up to us.

"He's not wrong," Luke says.

"Where did Tyler and Dylan go?" Ashton asks, looking around the living room. I step into the doorway of the kitchen and see them talking with Kyleigh and Jensen.

"How's everyone doing in here?" I ask, already feeling the alcohol. Not drinking for months on end really screwed up my tolerance.

"We're talking about how weird it is to party without music," Dylan says. That's what's off. No music means no dancing.

"What do we do now?" I ask, sipping on my drink. Everyone just sits around looking at each other when Ashton mentions he saw a radio here.

"Even if we have the radio it's not like we can play a radio station. They went down when the apocalypse started," Tyler says with a confused face.

"If they have a radio that means they have CDs...plus we have one we can play if they don't," Calum says.

Everyone goes back into the living room as Ashton grabs the radio. As he does that Calum and I grab their album from the bags. We couldn't leave this treasure behind. I look up to tell him something but he gives me a look and I can immediately tell what he's trying to do. I take a step forward and he pushes me on the bed without a second thought. I curse him out and chase after him as he beats me down the stairs.

"Snooze ya lose," he says with a triumphant smile.

"You cheated by pushing me on the bed. You know I would have beat you down the stairs if you didn't," I glare.