Chapter 15: Train Car

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

-Erica's POV-
"We are gonna go check the other train sections, but it seems deserted," Ashton says, walking out with Niall and Luke. Kyleigh and I start surveying the seats to see how hard they would be the pull out.

"I don't think these are coming out without a screwdriver," I tell her, tugging on the metal.

"Didn't we pass a hardware store a couple blocks ago?"  Michael asks, laying down on one of the seats.

"We can check tomorrow my legs feel like they are gonna fall off," Kyleigh says, copying Michaels position on another seat. It's been a while since the guys have left making us nervous.

"What do you think they are doing?" Calum asks, peaking into the next train car. I shrug my shoulders deciding to go check it out. Kyleigh follows behind me, leaving Calum and Michael laying down. Loud footsteps come clobbering down the train, shaking the cars violently.

"Guys you will not believe it," Ashton says, grabbing our hands to pull us along. We stop at the front of the train and he grabs something from a little compartment behind the conductor seat. He slides on a hat and coat, sitting down.

"He's been doing this the entire time," Luke says making us laugh.

"How hard do you think it will be to fortify it?" I ask, trying to budge the windows open. The one screeches as I finally push it open, while the other is bolted shut.

"Shouldn't be too hard. The sun is setting now so we should break out the lights," Niall says, beginning our walk back to the last car. By the time we get back Michael is already asleep as Calum ties sheets over the windows.

"Who was carrying sheets?" I ask as Kyleigh smiles, "bitch I had heavy cans and you had blankets?" I glare.

"I was busy with the map. You wouldn't understand how much pressure that is," she says making me laugh. Ashton and Calum finish securing the small car we are in.

"It's like a giant slumber party," I smile, sitting down next to Michael. He groans, pushing me to the floor with a loud bang. I nudge his body as I get off the floor with the help of Niall's arm.

"Hungry?" Calum asks, holding up some soup cans. Everyone nods their heads as Michael sits up.

"Oh now you're awake?" I ask getting a laugh from the group. He nods his head as he walks out of the train with everyone following in suit. Calum pulls me back into the train giving me a quick kiss.

"How are you feeling after today?" He asks, resting his hands on my waist. I never thought I would fall for a guy who's love language was physical touch.  I hear Kyleigh calling my name and rest my head on his chest.

"I'm exhausted. How about you?" I ask.

"Same, tonight should be more comfortable than a barn floor though," he says, kissing the top of my head. I quickly agree with him as we walk out of the train seeing a small fire on the ground. Calum snags the chair I was gonna sit in, pulling me onto his lap.

"Jeez Cal, when did you get so clingy?" Michael teases, passing me a can of warm soup. Calum flips Michael off resting his hands around my body after.

"What's our plan now?" Kyleigh asks. I glance back at the train and see the glow of the fire reflecting off the windows.

"Don't tell me you want to stay here?" Luke says with disbelief in his voice.

"Why wouldn't we? It's a perfect place to camp out. We can scavenge the nearby areas and the only walkers we really saw on our way here are on the ground now," she says, listing out all the reasons we should stay. He goes to say something but just stands up and goes back into the train.