Chapter 7: Back at the House

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-
-
-
A couple minutes after the group leaves to scavenge :)
-
-

-Erica's POV-

"Erica, can you help me sort out supplies in the kitchen?" Michael asks, breaking my trance of watching Calum chop wood shirtless. I nod my head and follow him inside, seeing a mess in their house.

"You guys really need a ladies touch," I tease, picking up the food, putting it in an empty milk crate. He rolls his eyes, grabbing the radio, playing their Nickleback CD. I sing along quietly to How Your Remind Me, folding some towels the guys washed.

"How do you think the scavenging going?" He asks, placing a large first aid kit on the counter. He opens it up showcasing enough bandages and pills to fill a hospital.

"Hopefully they are all getting along. I faked a stomachache to stay longer cause I like it here....don't tell Kyleigh," I say making him laugh.

"Don't tell Kyleigh what?" Calum asks, fixing the SnapBack on his head. My eyes wonder to his chest, shining due to the warm temperature outside.

"Nothing. Wanna help us clean?" I ask, shaking an empty can at him. He smiles before slowly walking out of the room. He yells he's gonna go take a shower which means using baby wipes to be somewhat clean. Another thing I miss about civilization. Showers. I look back at Michael and see him giving me a look.

"What?" I ask, grabbing a trash bag. He raises his eyebrows smiling, "seriously what?" I ask, with a slight laugh.

"I see the way you're undressing Calum with your eyes," he tells me.

"I think you're seeing things. Calum and I are friends. Just like you and me," I tell him. He smirks at me grabbing a basket of dirty towels before leaving the room, "you keep telling yourself that Erica".

I miss Kyleigh and Niall already. I look out the kitchen window to see him walking towards the river to wash them. That's a pretty long walk, hopefully his makeshift stitches don't act up. Calum comes back in shortly after with a loose fitted tank top on.

"Where did Michael go?" He asks, taking the basket I'm holding and putting it on the counter. I thank him and then realize he lifted it like it weighed nothing.

"Laundry duty. Sorry you're stuck with me," I tell him, sitting on the counter.

"Yes, cause you're the worst person to be stuck with," he says sarcastically. I fill him in on what he missed, the hardest part is telling him what Michael said before she left.

"Michael was getting suspicious about our relationship. I told him we are just friends and nothing more than that," I inform him. He glances over at me, moving to stand in between my legs.

"Is that all we are? Friends?" He asks, placing his hands on the counter on each side of my body. His deep brown eyes make it hard to look away. Why does he have to be so cute? He starts moving his head closer to mine, startling me. I move back, stealing his SnapBack, placing it on my head.

"Stop getting distracted. We have a big list of chores and I don't think this is one of them," I tease. I hop off the counter wearing his hat, walking into the living room to check the list.

"I think it would be a shame to waste an empty house...don't know when that's gonna happen again," he says, walking around with his hands behind his back. I look to see him pouting his lips staring at me.

"You know that's not a good idea. I'm leaving tomorrow. There's no point in making this worse than it has to be," I tell him. He moves closer to me, putting his hands on my waist, pulling me closer to his body. I look down not being able to look him in the eyes.