Chapter 35: Uno

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

-Kyleigh's POV-

"What should we do today?" Calum asks as he walks into the living room.

"I don't know. The weather is pretty shitty," Erica comments, looking at the rain streaming down the window panes.

"I'm pretty tired today honestly. I feel like we deserve a day where we don't do anything but exist," I say.

"I second that statement," Luke says.

"I'm sold," Calum smiles as he sits down next to Erica on the couch and throws an arm around her shoulder.

"I'll let the guys at the other place know that we're planning to lay low today," Luke mentions as he stands up and walks into another room to grab the walkie talkie.

"What should we do today? Kinda want to take a fat nap, but I know I shouldn't or else I'll be up all night," Erica says.

"I could sleep," I agree, but suddenly, an idea springs to mind, "Wait. I forgot to show you what I found."

I immediately stand up and walk over to a small cupboard. I open it up, revealing a mini board game collection.

"Tadaaaa," I say, doing jazz hands around the cupboard, "Perfect for a rainy day."

"Why did that make me want to cry a little," Erica laughs.

"I am so down for a game day. But just to let you know, I am extremely competitive and I am going to destroy all of your asses in whatever game we play," Calum says confidently.

"Ha ha. That's the funniest thing I've heard all day," Erica dryly laughs.

"What is?" Luke asks as he places the walkie talkie down on the table.

"Kyleigh found a game collection, and Calum thinks he's going to win the game we play," Erica explains.

"You're right. That's hilarious," Luke says with a smile that causes Calum to roll his eyes.

"By the way, the other group is also going to stay in their house. It's weird to think we probably won't see them today," Luke says.

"We all deserve a day to relax," I say before looking back at the games, "So, what are we feeling? Monopoly? Clue? Uno? Jenga?"

"My vote is for Uno," Erica offers. Luke and Calum agree, so I grab the box of cards and walk over to the table. We all gather around the coffee table, with Erica on my left, Luke on my right, and Calum in front of me.

I shuffle the deck of cards and deal everyone seven cards.

"Who goes first?" Calum asks.

"Isn't it left of the dealer?" Luke asks.

"Sounds right," I agree, "So Erica goes first."

"Alrighty," She nods, fanning out her cards and looking at her options. She finally places a card down, and Calum goes next. The first few cards are surprisingly nice, with everyone putting down normal numbers.

When we all get down to four cards, Erica breaks the chain by putting down a +2.

"Hey," Calum frowns with his eyebrows furrowed.

"What?" Erica laughs.

"I just can't believe you would do that to me," Calum sulks as he picks up two cards.

"It was the only card I could put down," Erica says, suppressing another laugh.

"Sure it was," Calum says, shaking his head, "It's your turn, Luke."