Chapter 46: the truth

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

--Erica's POV--

"I'm fine, Luke," Kyleigh says as Ashton cleans up her leg. Everyone is gathered in the kitchen for a meeting as Blake and I unpack the things we found. The door opens and Jensen walks in eating an apple until he pauses in the middle of the room.

"Why is so tense in here?" he asks taking the seat next to Kyleigh, "What happened here?" He says pointing to her leg. Luke stands up and takes the soup can out of my hand and throws it in the sink making me jump.

"Mate, calm down," Blake says moving in front of me as Luke stares at the two of us, "Accidents happen," he says as Luke stands his ground.

"None of this would have happened if you guys didn't go out," he says following us into the main room where everyone is, "And you, going out acting like you're invincible. You keep going out alone and you're gonna get yourself killed," he states making everyone stare between him and me.

"Do you like the food you're eating? Cause without me this camp would be running on tomatoes and expired beans" I state narrowing my eyes as he towers over me.

"Oh please the only reason you go out there is so you don't have to talk to the other people living here. Do you think we don't notice the way you magically have something to do every time we interact with them?" he asks.

"Sorry, you're right I'll make sure to start writing my day plans out just in case you need me to bake a fucking pie for whatever new family comes in," I tell him.

"Why don't we calm down and talk this out without yelling at each other," Ashton says standing up from his spot on the floor, "Luke is right. You can't keep going out alone and you definitely have to tell us where you're going,' He says making me clench my jaw.

"She wasn't alone but things happen," Blake says leaning on the back of the couch, "Why don't you lay off her man," He says making Luke laugh.

"This has got to stop. Luke's right. We are a family and in order to keep it that way we have to stick together and stop running off like it's not dangerous out there," Jensen says making my mouth fall open in shock.

"What was the point of this meeting anyways? I'm not gonna stand here and listen to you guys attack me for not playing housewife and for wanting to keep this place safe," I state grabbing my knife off the table.

"Is it a bad thing that we want you to be safe?" Kyleigh asks making me whip my head around. A bandage stands out on her leg as she moves to stand up from her spot on the couch, "Why do you even go out alone?" She asks.

"It's easier that way"

"How is it easier? Don't you want someone to have your back?" Ashton asks making my heart sink, "We are obviously grateful that you took it upon yourself to hunt and bring us food but why?" he adds. I go to walk out of the room not wanting to answer his questions but Luke blocks the door.

"You're not leaving this room until we get some kind of answer from you," He says making my blood boil.

"I'm not getting comfortable in a place that could fall in a second. Fear is the only thing keeping us alive and if we forget what we are dealing with we will die. Half the people in here don't even know how to shoot a gun and we can't just expect these walls to keep everything out," I explain exhausted from having this conversation over and over again, "I am done relying on other people to have my back and I'm definitely done with having you people treat me like some fragile bitch. I know he's dead.  I wake up every day to an empty bed, " I tell them. I turn back around to Luke and his eyes dip down to look at the ring around my neck.

Night of the Living Bitches - 5sosOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara