Chapter 55: Him

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

--Erica's POV--

I step into the creek and wash the fresh blood off my hands as Blake stands guard. The only thing we have found for miles are walkers. No supplies, no food, and no animals to hunt. Either the changing seasons are making everything scarce or this area is becoming harder to live in, "Do you want to hit one more house before we go back?" he asks as I wipe my wet hands on my pants.

"Yeah, we should head north. Luke and Ashton cleared out past Hurth Street a while ago," I tell him as I point in the direction we need to go. He nods his head and secures his knife in his holster as we start walking again. We make it to the main road and get into the car to make this go by faster. I reach out to grab the door when metal is placed against my temple.

"Move and she dies," The woman says to Blake as he goes for his gun. He puts his hand back on the steering wheel as she continues speaking, "Step out of the car nice and slowly. I don't want to hurt anyone," she says as I follow her out. She makes eye contact and she looks scared.

"You don't have to do this," Blake says as he keeps his hands behind his head. She kicks his legs to make him kneel and I clench my jaw trying to restrain myself.

"This isn't personal. I haven't eaten in days," she says as she scavenges the back of the truck. I turn to Blake and he's staring at the sky. I turn to see her pause when she finds the box full of baby toys and clothes, "Oh my god you have a baby," she says putting her hand on her mouth.

"Are you alone?" I ask slowly standing up when she puts her gun down, "If you don't do anything stupid we can all walk away from this," I tell her as she puts her head in her hands.

"This isn't me. I don't do this. My group...." she cries. Blake takes her gun off the truck and puts it into his waistband as we stare at the girl, "They all died. We woke up one night screaming and we all ran in different directions. I hid till morning and then went back to see them all moving as one of those things," she says as I squat down next to her with a bottle of water.

"Were you watching our group?" I ask remembering the feeling of being watched. She nods her head as she thanks me for the water, "Why?".

"You know what kind of people are out there. I didn't want to knock on the front door without knowing which kind you were," she says. I look at Blake and he looks unimpressed by her sob story. I stand up next to him and he doesn't give me a second before he's grilling the girl.

"So, why rob us now? Figured we looked weak and you could take us? Or did you become desperate?" he asks making her back up away from him. I grab his chest and push his back telling him to chill.

"How can we trust you?" I ask standing in between them. She wipes the tears away and stands up looking behind me to convince him, "Don't look at him. Look at me. How can we trust you after you pull this shit?" I ask. She shakes her head and starts begging for us to take her back to the camp. She can't do this anymore without people. She tells us her last job in her old community was to farm and take care of kids. Blake pulls me to the side of the truck where he can keep an eye on her.

"Do you trust her around Kyleigh?" He asks.

"Stop. Think about this. She's weak and she just lost all of her friends. You do fucked up things when you are desperate," I tell him.

"It's on you if she fucks something up," he says with a small smile. I roll my eyes and walk back over to the girl standing there nervous.

"We will bring you back but we are going to tie your hands," I tell her. She eagerly nods her head and thanks us for taking her in, "If you make one wrong move we are sending you on your way," I tell her.