Chapter 58: Brown Leather Jacket

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

-Kyleigh's POV-

"MOM. DAD. WAKE UP," I hear a voice say. I open my eyes just as Cora catapults herself onto the bed and starts jumping up and down.

"WAKE UP. WAKE UP. WAKE UP," She repeats as she keeps excitedly jumping.

"Someone has a lot of energy today," I say, laughing at the tired look on Luke's face.

"I'M SO EXCITED," Cora replies happily.

"Really? I couldn't tell," Luke jokes. He reaches out and grabs her ankles and jokingly pulls her back so she falls down on the bed. She erupts into giggles as he teasingly tickles her side.

"You should go take your energy over to the other house and make sure everyone there is awake," Luke says, "Your mom and I need a few minutes to wake up."

"I'm on it," Cora says as she sits up and slides off the bed.

"Make sure to give Aunt Erica and Uncle Blake the same wake up greeting as you did for us," I say as she reaches the door.

Cora nods dutifully before shutting the door behind her. Luke and I chuckle as we hear her excitedly clomp down the stairs and run out the door.

"I wish I had that much energy in the morning," I say as I rub my eyes and sit up.

"Me too," Luke chuckles, "I didn't know she would be this eager to leave."

"She has spent nearly 8 years trapped within these walls," I point out, "Today is her big day."

"We better start getting ready then," Luke grins, "Don't want to make her wait any longer."

I agree and the two of us finally get up. We head downstairs and I start making food just as Cora runs back in.

"Everyone's up. Aunt E said they'll be over here soon," Cora tells us as she runs over to the kitchen.

"Sounds good," I say as I start cutting up a banana to put in our oatmeal. "Luke, can you grab her a sweatshirt from my closet? She needs more layers and we still need to find her a new jacket."

Luke nods before saying to Cora, "Come on. Let's go raid your mom's closet."

I smile as the two head upstairs and I finish making breakfast. I'm placing the three bowls on the kitchen table as she walks down, wearing one of my sweatshirts.

I laugh as she holds her arms out, showing just how big it is on her, "Do I have to wear this?"

I look behind her, seeing Luke standing on the steps, trying to hold back a laugh at the poor girl practically drowning in the sweatshirt.

I laugh, "Yes. You look cute, and it's better than you getting sick."

"Alright," She grumbles as she sits down at the kitchen table. The three of us finish eating just as Blake, Erica, Reece, and Ashton walk in.

Cora excitedly pushes back her seat and runs over to Ashton and Reece.

Blake and Erica walk over to us with Erica saying, "I can't believe Cora is finally leaving the base today. I never thought I'd see it happen."

"It was time," Luke shrugs, "I'm just glad she's so excited."

"Trust me, we know," Blake says, causing us all to laugh, "I have never seen her with that much energy in my entire life."