Chapter 54: Zombie Killer

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

-Kyleigh's POV-

"Kyleigh, it's been over a week. When are you going to tell him?" Erica asks as we clean the dishes from dinner.

"Soon," I say as I put a clean plate away.

"You've been saying that every night for a week. You're going to have to tell him eventually," Erica says.

"Do I?" I say with raised eyebrows, "I was kinda hoping I could keep it a secret forever."

"You're right. He'll never figure it out," Erica laughs, "But seriously. You're going to start showing at some point, and Luke deserves to know."

"I know," I sigh, "Even after all this time, I still can't believe I'm pregnant. And I'm a little scared to hear his reaction."

"He's definitely going to be happy," Erica states, "And if he's not, I'll kick his ass. He's extremely lucky to be having a kid with you."

I smile before nodding, "Okay, I'll tell him tomorrow."

"Will you?" Erica asks doubtfully as we finish cleaning up.

"I promise," I say, holding out my pinky finger. She hooks her pinky with mine and smiles, "Good."

"I need to go to bed, though. I'm exhausted."

"Me too," Erica agrees as we head upstairs and to our rooms, "Night."

"Night," I smile. I enter the room and see Luke sitting up in bed reading a book.

"Are you reading?" I ask a little surprised.

"Yeah. Why do you sound so shocked?" Luke says as he bookmarks the page and rests it on his lap.

"Just didn't know you could read," I joke and laugh as Luke's jaw drops in fake offense.

"I'm kidding," I say as I crawl into bed and try to get comfortable, "I guess I just never thought to read in a zombie apocalypse. I didn't even know we had books in the house."

"I found it a few houses down," Luke shrugs, "I thought it would be a nice way to pass the time."

"Read to me," I smile up at him as I finally get comfortable in bed.

"Really?" Luke asks with a slight grin.

I nod my head as I try to stifle back a yawn.

"Okay," Luke complies as he opens back up to the page he was on.

I try to listen for the first few pages, but with how tired I am and how calming his voice sounds, it doesn't take long until I'm fast asleep.

---

When I wake up, I roll over in bed to face Luke. I promised Erica I was going to tell him today, and I'm staying true to that promise. I just don't know how to tell him, and I can feel nerves growing in my stomach the more I think about it.

I spend the next ten minutes running over the right way to bring it up, but as soon as he wakes up, I decide I'll just wing it.

"Good morning," Luke smiles lazily.

"Morning," I reply.

"You okay? You look a little anxious," Luke states as he sits up in bed.

I'm shocked he can read me so well, but I quickly put a smile on my face to mask my nervousness, "Yeah, I'm fine."