(116) New Year's Day - Part Ten: Surprises

Start from the beginning

Realizing that it might be hard for her mom, Christie decided to get close to her and just hug her today. Seemingly a bit shocked that her daughter was even hugging her, Nancy was a bit shocked; but she ended up hugging her daughter, as she was glad that she was getting a chance to share affection with her daughter. "Sorry, that came out of the blue." Nancy shook her head when she heard her daughter say that, not wanting her to feel bad for sharing affection with her. "Hey, don't you dare think that it was wrong Christie. Christie, I have wanted to be able to hug you since I got here. I have just been so scared as to how you would react." Christie agreed with her mother when she said that, smiling as she proceeded to grab her hand. "It's time to forgive and forget, especially because we're going to be seeing a lot of each other in the future." Nancy was a bit confused when her daughter said that, before looking at her. "Wait, you want me to visit..."

Christie smiled at her mother when she said that. "Mom, Matt and Gabby are having kids; Matt is going to want to give you a chance to know your grandkids, and he's going to want to give you everything that you didn't get to experience when Violet was young." Nancy smiled at the thought. "Is she here today?" Christie smiled. "Yes, she is. And I would love for her to really meet you this time around. Sorry we haven't done it yet." Nancy agreed with her daughter when she said that, well aware that she's been apprehensive to introduce her daughter to her. "Christie, can you do me a favor though?" Christie looked at her mother, seemingly concerned. "What is it?" Nancy took a breath. "I am not sure what you've told her about my past. And I get that you might have told her, but can you let her make her own mind about me?" Christie nodded. "Of course mom, I can do that for you." Nancy just smiled. "And the same goes for my future twin grandchildren."

That's when the grandmother heard her granddaughter's voice for the first time, ready to meet her. "I still can't believe that uncle Matt and aunt Gabby are having twins!" Seeing an older woman standing with her mother, Violet smiled. "Hi, are you one of uncle Matt's new business partners? I heard her was starting a business." Christie turned her head when she heard Violet, smiling at her mother. "Actually Violet, I want to introduce you to someone that I should've introduce you to a while back. Violet, this is my mom; your grandma Nancy." Violet was just a bit shocked when she heard that, but also quite happy that she was (finally) getting a chance to meet her maternal grandmother Nancy Casey. "Grandma Nancy? As in, your mom?" Christie agreed with her daughter, smiling at her. "Yes, this is my mom." Violet then went ahead and went to hug her grandmother. "Finally, I am so glad that I finally get to meet you." Nancy smiled as she heard Violet tell her that.

Looking at her, Nancy just smiled. "And I am so glad that I am finally meeting you too Violet. And boy do you look like your mother when she was a teenager." That's when Nancy heard her son come downstairs. "Wow. If it isn't great-aunt Edwina. Thanks again for the $25 cheque when me and my..." That's when Nancy turned around to look at her son, smiling at him and his wife; and let's just say that shocked the man. The fact that his mother was here was truly quite a big surprise.

"Mom?"

XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The husband was shocked when he saw that his mother was here, at their home; as he thought that was the surprise. "Mom?" Nancy smiled as she looked at her son, as well as her (pregnant) daughter-in-law. "How are you Matt?" Matt then made his way over to his mother, letting go of Gabby's hand in the process before hugging her. "Oh my god. What are you doing here? Are you okay? Oh god, please don't tell me that you're..." Nancy then proceeded to calm her son down. "Hey, take a breath and relax Matthew. Please, take a breath and calm down sweetie." Matt took a breath, agreeing with his mom. "Sorry, I guess I am just shocked." Matt then turned to look at Christie, before seeing that Violet was there. Taking a breath, he decided to put what he learned earlier this morning behind them. "We don't speak about that." Christie agreed with her brother when he said that, getting close to him before proceeding to hug him this New Year's Day.

Afterwards, Matt noticed that his niece was there was well. "Violet, if you think that you're hiding there...then you better stop hiding." Violet agreed with her uncle when he said that, smiling as she walked over to her uncle. She then went to hug him and just held him close. Smiling as she did that, Matt bent down and hugged her. Afterwards, Matt realized that he didn't introduce his wife to his mother. "I am so glad to see you again." Violet then looked at Gabby. "Wow, you sure are looking pregnant aunt Gabby." Gabby smiled as she walked over to Violet (her niece) before going to hug her. "How are you Violet?" Violet smiled. "I'm doing good." Gabby agreed with her before standing up once again and smiling as she walked back over to Matt. Wrapping his arm around her, Matt looked at his mother. "Oh mom, I need to do this properly this time. Mom, you remember Gabby right? The woman you called much better than Hallie when you got out of jail?"

Turning to face Matt, Gabby laughed as she remembered that. "Oh, that was funny." Matt agreed with his beautiful wife when she said that, smirking as he leaned in and kissed her softly. Afterwards, he turned to look at his mother. "Well, let me introduce you to her properly this time around; mom, this is my wife Gabby. Gabby, this is my mom Nancy." Nancy then walked over to her daughter-in-law, smiling as she proceeded to hug her. "I am so glad we met properly this time." Gabby agreed with her, smiling as she said that. "Same here Nancy. It truly is a pleasure to meet you again." That's when Gabby heard a voice that she hadn't expected to hear. "So, this is the famous mother of my former Captain-turned-Millionaire." Turning to face the man with the (deep) voice, Gabby just smiled when she saw that Boden was here. "Boden?" Boden then smiled as he looked at Gabby. "Wow, you truly are looking quite incredible Gabby." Gabby smiled as she heard Boden.

"Wait, what in the world are you doing here?" Matt then looked at his sister. "Yeah, what's happening here?" That's when Gabby's best friend came in to speak to her. "Actually, that's where I come in." Gabby was confused when she heard Stella say that. "What are you talking about girl?" Stella then smiled at Gabby. "Matt, how about you take care of your family and bring them to the living room where we have a surprise for you?" Matt agreed with Stella when she said that, agreeing with her as he turned to look at his family. At the same time, Stella led Gabby away to take her into the living room. "Just to let you know, don't you dare think that I forgave you for what you and Kelly did last night." Stella smiled when she heard Gabby say that, well aware that was the case. "So, what exactly are we doing..." That's when Gabby walked into the living room to see what was going on, seeing that all of their friends from Chicago are currently there with a bunch of gifts.

"What the heck is this?"