Chapter Eighty-Five

Hi Readers: What are you guys thinking of today's chapters so far? Hope you like them. Here's the first part of Chapter Eighty-Five.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"What do you mean it wasn't yesterday? -Stella Kidd

The room went silent a bit after Gabby said that 'it' wasn't yesterday, referring to the last time that she and her loving husband had sex with each other. However, it seemed that was flying right over the head of the woman who has hopes of becoming a Lieutenant. I mean, isn't it obvious? She just asked when her and Matt's last time (making love in their bed) was. And then, she's all confused as to what she just said. I mean, that was her answer to her question after all. Oh dear, she really needs to learn how to talk to her all over again; her sarcasm and inuendo has completely changed since she learned she was pregnant, and her entire family knew it. For her best friend to not realize that, well that's just sad. "Honey. You just asked me when the last time me and Matt had fun in our bed." Stella looked at her best friend when she said that, starting to realize what she meant by the answer to her question now. "Oh, now I get what you meant." Gabby agreed. "Wow, you're really slow sometimes." Stella just laughed as she heard Gabby say that, having really missed her. "I swear, I really miss you at the firehouse." Gabby nodded. "I know, I miss you guys too. By the way, are Hawkins and Mikami okay?"

Gabby then took a breath. "I saw recently that there was a crash. Ambo 61 okay?" Stella sighed. "Yeah, they got into a crash. But they're okay. A bit shaken up, but they're okay." Gabby agreed with her best friend when she said that as she was glad that was the case. Having been in two crashes of her own, she knows how hard it can be. "I'm glad. I know what it's like to get into a trick situation when you're on a call, too many to tell you the truth." Stella agreed with Gabby when she told her that. "How many times?" Gabby took a breath. "Twice. Uhm, in 2012 when Shay just got hurt...and then in May 2014." Taking a breath, Gabby put her hand on her stomach while thinking about that situation. The situation that claimed Shay's life. Mere hours after the love of her life first proposed to her, her best friend died; which just so happened to also be the day of Boden's wedding. "Yeah, Boden's wedding day was not a good day for me." Stella then thought about it. "Oh god, I remember you guys talking to me about that. I'm sorry that I made you think about that, especially when you're all hormonal." Gabby laughed when she heard Stella say that, having already started to think about Shay recently.

"To tell you the truth, I've been thinking about her anyways. She was my best friend, my real best friend...and I would've wanted to experience this with her. I mean, I want to experience it with you too; but you have to go back." Stella sighed when Gabby said that. "Yeah, I was going to talk to you about that." Gabby was confused when Stella said that, clearly able to see that something was on her best friend's mind. "Okay, what's on your mind Stella? I can see that something's bothering you." Stella sighed as she looked at her best friend, having wanted to have this conversation with her so many times over the phone; but she didn't want to worry her that something was wrong. Taking a breath, she just looked at her friend. "God, things are just getting really hard in Chicago." Gabby was confused. "Hey, what's wrong girl? What did Kelly do? Are you in a fight? Shit, what do I need to do? I don't give a damn if I'm pregnant. I can give him a..." Stella sighed. "No, it's not that. Please, don't think that way." Gabby agreed with her best friend, letting out a sigh of relief as she put her hand on her stomach. "Don't scare me like that girl. What's going on though?" Stella sighed as she looked at Gabby.

"We didn't want to tell you until we were here in person but...there's another reason why we didn't want to stay in Chicago over Christmas." Gabby just looked at Stella when she said that, starting to have a bad feeling of what she's trying to tell her. "Oh god, no. Please don't tell me that..." Stella nodded when Gabby started to think that way. "Unfortunately, you guys missed the funeral." Gabby just stared at Stella when she said that, quite worried. "Shit. Wait a second, why...oh my god..." Gabby then thought about something. "MATT!" And let's just say that was not the right way to get her husband to come.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX