Chapter Fourteen: The First Post

Hi Readers: What did you think about that quick appearance from Matt's sister? Oh, and what about the fact that Gabby started a blog? Let me know what you guys think in the comments, and maybe you guys can give me ideas at the same time. But for now, how about we continue with chapter fourteen of this journey that we've sent Dawsey on. Hope you enjoy my story and let me know if you have ideas. Oh, and if you have some for my One-Shot Book, I'd love them too. Thanks again for reading all of my stories, and I can't wait to write some more for you starting now, so here's Chapter 14.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It turned out that the couple left Cleveland at just the right time, now headed towards Akron, Ohio (which is their next stop) during this long road trip that they've decided to take; the road trip where they aren't going to worry about work, but they are going to concentrate on the two of them (and their relationship) instead. And so far, it was nice. They were having a bunch of fun, and they're just taking it easy. This is exactly what the couple want to be doing, as there truly is nothing like them just being with each other. They want to do this, and save their marriage; and so far, that's exactly what they've done. They've saved their marriage, and they've made sure that they're stronger. And so far, they are stronger, and Matt just loves that fact. With Gabby being the woman of his dreams, there's nobody else that he wants to share his life with; and now, they are going to just take it easy as they continue to drive southbound. Well that, and they're going to talk about this new venture that Gabby has seemed to have started for their trip; the blog that she's going to write about their journeys.

The blog that she's currently reading from, as she tells him all about the first entry that she wrote. "Welcome readers, I hope that you guys had a great day yesterday, and I just want to introduce you guys to just what this blog that you have found on the internet is. Okay, I had to make a correction to that one this morning. But, back to what I said. First, I am going to introduce myself to you; and then, I will explain to you guys just what this blog is all about." Matt agreed with Gabby when she said the first part of her blog. "I can see that being a good way to start, not that I really know anything about writing. I hope you know that I do trust you when it comes to what you want to write." Gabby agreed with her husband when he told her that, smiling. "Good, because you aren't going to be stopping me from writing this. This is another thing that I can do while we drive. I mean, unless you want to talk more about those topics we have to talk about?" Matt bit his lip. "Let's just have it happen naturally. Right now, I want to hear that you said on the blog." Gabby agreed with Matt.

Smiling, she went to continue reading what she said on the blog. "Well, let's start with the introductions that I have for you. My name is Gabriela Casey, the wife of former Chicago Alderman for the 23rd Aldermanic Ward on the City Council. After a rough start to our marriage, and an especially hard 2018 for the both of us; we have both decided to take time away from our lives as first responders in the City of Chicago to just take it easy and concentrate on our marriage for a while." Matt then went ahead and made a joke after that. "So much for my political career comeback." Gabby turned her head when she heard Matt say that, a bit taken aback when she heard that. "Wait, you want to go back into politics." Matt laughed when he heard his wife ask him that, him having made a joke about what he was really doing. "Baby, I was joking. A bad marriage is just really bad for politics; so I am not going to go back. Plus, everything you said is the truth." Gabby agreed with Matt. "I hope I'm not sharing too much." Matt shook his head when he heard Gabby ask him whether she was sharing too much.

"Of course not baby, I think that you're sharing just enough. Now, how about you continue with what you wrote on the blog. I really want to hear what you said." Gabby agreed with Matt when he told her that. "I hope you know that I will gladly change anything that you don't like." Matt agreed with Gabby with she told him that, smiling. "We'll see. Right now, how about we go back to what you said?" Gabby agreed with Matt when he asked her to continue reading, so she did just that. "And that's why I decided to write this blog. I want to document just where we've been so far, and what we've experienced. Now, I hope to get some posts out to you on a regular basis; but I do not know when I will get a chance. I am, in fact, writing this post about our first day on the road on what's our second day on the road; so, let's just clarify that." Matt laughed when he heard Gabby read that. "Babe, I highly doubt that they really care about that." Gabby shrugged. "I posted it in the morning, so I didn't want to have to contend with all the conspiracy theorists that come with politics; I did mention your name." Matt agreed with Gabby when she said that. "Oh, about time travelling and all that shit. Yeah, I've seen those."