Chapter Eighty-Nine

Hi Readers: What are you guys thinking of today's chapters so far? Let me know what you guys think. But for now, let's just get back to the chapter and the conversation that Matt and Kelly were in the midst of having with each other.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Turning his head to look at his best friend while taking another sip of his beer, Kelly just looked at him as he was a bit shocked at what he just said. He wants to create a health clinic? And name it the Shay-Darden-Severide Memorial Health Clinic. I mean, he's honored; but it's also a bit confusing. "Where the hell did that come from?" Matt shrugged when he heard his best friend ask him where it came from, as he wasn't exactly sure where it came from. The name either. It just came from that dream that he had recently, and he wanted to share it with his best friend to get a conversation going. He wanted to change the topic, and try and make things a bit lighter at the moment. "Okay, so what exactly are you talking about?" Matt smiled when his best friend asked him what he was talking about. "This was actually something that I wanted to talk to you about today. Maybe it can help distract you for a while." Kelly just looked at his best friend when he said that, still not completely understanding what exactly he was talking about. "Distract me for a while?" Matt took a breath.

"Me and Gabby, we're thinking about starting a company with some of the money I got." Kelly was a bit taken aback when he heard Matt say that, as he never thought that he'd heard his friend say that. Then again, he did have his own construction business when he was still in Chicago. So, he shouldn't be THAT surprised he guesses. Then again, for some reason he just thinks that this is something more than he wants to think about. He wants to believe that there's a lot more to the idea that he has. "So, what exactly are you thinking about? Like, is this why you wanted to talk to me here?" Matt shook his head. "Hey, I wanted to talk to you about a lot of things to tell you the truth. I wanted to check how you're doing too. I mean, I know how I felt when I learned that me and Gabby lost the baby." Kelly agreed with his best friend when he said that, well aware that was something that the two of them were going to be able to bond over from now on. "I hate that we have that to bond over now." Matt agreed with his best friend when he said that, sighing as that was true now.

"Yeah, not the best thing to bond over." Kelly just agreed with his best friend, proceeding to take a breath as a way to make sure that he continued to breathe. "Yeah, so I was thinking that I could do this like construction or firefighter company. I'm really not sure what I want to do yet. All I know, is that I am not going to be just sitting around and doing nothing." Kelly agreed with his best friend when he said that, turning in his chair so that he was facing him. "And that's actually why I wanted to talk to you about this now." Kelly looked at his friend. "What exactly would that be? I mean, it's just our first day here." Matt agreed with his friend when he said that. "Yeah, and I'm glad that you came. By the way, I mean it when I say that you can stay as long as you want. Especially now that I know what's going on in between you and Stella. And that leads me to what I was going to tell you." Kelly agreed with his best friend when he said that, letting him talk. "What's going on man?" Matt took a breath when he heard Kelly ask him what's going on right now. "Listen, there's nothing certain now."

Kelly agreed with Matt when he said that, still letting him talk. "Heck, Gabby didn't even want me to talk to you about this yet since we need to figure things out yet; but I feel like I should because it could give you options, and stuff that you can think about while you're here." Kelly laughed, just looking at his best friend. "Okay, am I going to have to guess what it is? Or are you finally going to tell me what it is?" Matt smiled when his best friend asked me that, well aware of the fact that he needs to tell him what his and Gabby's plans are for the future. "So, we're thinking about what we want to do with all of this money that we got. I mean, it's a lot and we need to do something with it other than shop." Kelly laughed. "Hey, if you want to buy me a Tesla as a Christmas gift..." Matt just went to stop his friend by laughing, not going to do that. "Okay, not happening! So, you can put that back in your dreams and ask your genie for the money!" Kelly smiled, agreeing with Matt. "Either that, or we can do a loan situation. That's the only way you're getting a Tesla with my money." Kelly smirked.