(52) A Dawson Thanksgiving - Part Three

Hi Readers: Not much to say this chapter, other than to thank you guys for being such loyal readers. I know that this story has gone through a lot of twists and turns, but for you guys to all still be here is incredible. Thanks again for reading, and I hope that you guys stay here for many chapters to come. Now, let's get on to Chapter Fifty-Two.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Making his way downstairs so that he couple speak to his in-laws this afternoon, Matt Casey smiled as he and Gabby just had a nice moment alone upstairs; a moment that he didn't expect to have here when they are supposed to be (and are) celebrating Thanksgiving with her family. However, that doesn't mean that he's all that ready to share the news that he has to share with both her brother, and her mother. He knows full well that they're going to want them to stay as long as they can, but him and Gabby have already made this decision together; and they really would rather spend their night in bed rather than have to risk sleeping here (not that it would be all that bad). But the truth was, they both really enjoy sleeping in their own bed, as it's very comfortable; and they also know that it means they won't be disturbed. They already have a rule that they aren't to be disturbed in the morning, as Gabby is always grumpy in the morning (unless she's happy and just had sex). But nobody other than the couple needs to know that fact, as it's not really that appropriate to share with her family.

Now, just to share the news that they have for her family. Taking a breath as he walked into the kitchen, Matt heard his in-laws speaking. "I really hope that I didn't make her mad, or did something wrong; I was just trying to tell her that I want to help our as much as I can. These are my grandkids after all." Matt took a breath when he heard Camila say that, well aware of the fact that she means well; but there's just something that she needs to remember, that these are their first kids. And while Christmas is coming up, they do want to do the shopping by themselves. "Oh Matthew, we didn't see you." Putting his hand up, Matt shook his head as he didn't want to make Camila feel bad. "It's ok Camila." Camila agreed. "How's Gabby? She ran off quite soon." Matt sighed. "She just...she felt a bit pressured to let you do the shopping." Camila decided to give her son-in-law a chance to share what he has to share with her. "But me and Gabby would like to have an opportunity to shop first, since we never got that chance last time we thought we were pregnant; so, it's a bit more specifical this time."

Antonio turned on the bar stool they have in the kitchen, smiling at his brother-in-law. "Because this time, you guys know that you're actually going to have the kids?" Matt agreed with him when he said that, smiling. "Yeah, that's the case. I hope you guys understand." Camila just smiled, nodding when Matt asked them if they understand. "Of course, I understand Matt. I didn't even think about that." Matt took a breath, laughing a bit as he proceeded to walk over to her this afternoon. He then went ahead and hugged his mother-in-law, glad that they were already past this. Hugging her son-in-law, Camila smiled as she was quite happy to have him be here with her. "Oh, is Gabby coming down?" Matt nodded. "She will be. She just needs to take a moment to breathe and relax. Now, Gabby changed into something a bit more comfortable. So, I don't want to hear a word about it. Wearing what she was wearing, it made her uncomfortable and just...made her a bit overwhelmed." Camila got nervous when she heard Matt say that. "Oh. I am so sorry if I made her feel that way Matt."

Matt nodded, grabbing his hand before smiling at his mother-in-law. "Thank you Camila. But listen, there's something else that I need to ask you guys." Antonio and Camila both agreed. "Of course, what is it?" Matt sighed. "Listen, I'm not sure if there's a set time for eating but...me and Gabby were wondering if we could eat at 4?" Antonio looked at his brother-in-law when he asked them that. "In a rush?" Matt sighed. "It's just...Gabby normally gets tired around 6, and with the storm coming in tonight; I was hoping that we might be home by then. We could be all relaxed and just taking it easy with each other tonight. And yes, we could watch the football game here; but I think it'd be better for her, and for her back, if we go home and we sleep in our bed. She's really comfortable there, and I just...I wouldn't mind being home for the storm." Camila smiled when Matt asked her that. "Hey, that makes complete sense Matt; I remember when I was pregnant with Antonio, I always wanted to be home as early as possible from my in-laws too. God, I was always so tired after them."