(105) Ringing in 2019 - Part Five

Hi Readers: What did you guys think of the New Year's Eve chapters that I have written for you guys. I know that there's only going to be a few based on how far into the day we are, but that' simply because I really want to get to the kids as soon as I can without skipping too much. But hey, at least I am skipping only an hour or so. Hope you continue to enjoy.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

9 PM – Casey Primary Suite
She thought that them coming up to their bedroom would lead to them getting a bit more intimate with each other than she ever truly expected to get with Matt tonight, but it turned out what was not the reason why Matt was interested in coming upstairs this evening; rather, it was due to the fact that he had something on his mind this evening. Something was preventing him from making his way into the bathroom to join his wife in the bath that they originally said that they would take together, as he was instead just standing at the window that was closest to their bed; looking outside this evening, Matt tried to think about what he should be doing with his wife tonight...he couldn't help but think about Kelly. How his father's death is still bothering him, and how he didn't see the signs; nor did he think about it, as he didn't remember grieving this bad for his father. Then again, maybe it was due to the fact that he wasn't his biggest fan.

And we all know why that's the case. You abusing your son will definitely not make them want to grieve for you, when that's not the feeling that they're dealing with at the moment; rather, he was relieved and just glad to no longer have that monster in his life anymore. However, that didn't mean that not having his mom in his life was the easiest thing; because that wasn't hard, and it was actually quite hard at the end of the day. They had a lot to deal with, and he's just glad that he's made it out alive. But still, that didn't mean that he was happy over the fact that he didn't even notice the fact that his friend was still grieving; as he truly believes that he, of all people, should've realized that was something that he was still dealing with. But, that's not something that he should have to think about; at least that's what he thinks Gabby is about to tell him as she walked up to him at the window this evening. Rubbing his arm, Gabby turned her husband to face her.

"Hey, you okay?" Turning to look at his wife, Matt took a breath as he stepped close to her and then wrapped his arms around his wife. Putting her hands on Matt's arms, Gabby smirked when she felt Matt put his hands on her butt. "Baby, what's going on?" Matt took a breath. "I guess, I'm just beating myself up for not noticing that Kelly was still grieving." Gabby agreed with Matt when he told her that, getting close to him before laying her head down on his chest; at the same time, Matt put his hands on her stomach and kissed her forehead softly. "Did you already fill up the bath? Because we can go in." Gabby then looked up at Matt, smiling at him. "Baby let's wait until tomorrow. I can see that you're distracted tonight." Matt took a breath when Gabby said that, hating that it was the truth. "Do you just want to lay down in bed and talk baby?" Matt bit his lip when Gabby asked him whether he wants to lay down in bed, and just talk right now.

"Would you be mad if I said that I liked that idea? I just don't..." Interrupting her husband, Gabby kissed him softly while wrapping her arms around his waist. "Then don't worry about a bath tonight baby, we can just relax and take it easy with each other in bed. Well, just cuddle. I mean, I'm already in my lingerie; and you're already in your boxers. So, we might as well just get in bed together. Plus, I would love to just cuddle up to you and feel your hand on my body. We can share a kiss, as we talk right now. I know that's what you need baby." Matt agreed with his beautiful wife when she said that, moving his hand to her neck before stepping close to her and kissing her softly. Taking things nice and slow with her loving husband, Gabby smiled before feeling him pick her up in his arms. Wrapping Gabby's legs around his waist, Matt smirked as he prided himself in still being able to carry his beautiful wife in his arms; even though she's pregnant, he can still do it.