Chapter Forty-Seven: Our Safe Haven

Hi Readers, sorry I deleted the previous chapter forty-seven. However, I have decided to keep Matt and Gabby in Chicago after all. They can do other things instead, and just take it easy. So, here's the new chapter forty-seven.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

They ended up making two stops on their way home from the hospital, the first one being the firehouse; they needed to go there so that Matt couple get his things, and that was the only reason that Gabby let him go there. But God was it a hard time for Gabby, as she was scared the end time she was there. She was so worried, and she was imagining all the bad scenarios than can; and probably would've happened had she let Matt stay at the firehouse, up to and including a miscarriage. But the other thing they stepped to do? They stopped to get some food at the grocery store so that they didn't have to go out for a while, and that was going to be nice; just the two of them relaxing at home for now, as it was exactly was she needed due to the fact that she's currently on pins and needles. And she's been that way ever since they are at the hospital, and the fact that she was anxious was definitely not helping to keep those children growing in her healthy.

Matt continued to try and tell her to go lay down in bed, but she refused because she couldn't; she could go lay down, because her mind wouldn't let her go lay down at the moment. She had to be out here, she had to have her eyes on Matt at all times right now; and she wasn't going to let go of his hand. So, Matt got past his request to have her go lay down in bed; mostly because he was tired of arguing about it, and because he soon realized that Gabby was doing it due to the fact that she was scared. After all, she is still holding on to his hand even though they are now home as she was scared, and she had every right to be; and even though they were home, Gabby still had to keep her hand on him to feel him be with her. But at this moment, Matt was really starting to get annoyed by the fact that she was following his every move. So, as they were now close to a counter, Matt decided to turn around and face her in the middle of carrying the groceries around the house.

Setting the groceries he had in his hand down on the counter, he proceeded to get close to the woman he loves; the woman he wants to make sure knows he's safe at the moment, and that she can breathe now. She needs to breathe for the sake of their children, or he's going to have to rush her to the hospital. But little did Matt know that, before he would even have a chance to speak to Gabby, she would speak to him first. "Are you mad at me?" Matt found himself absolutely dumbfounded when he heard Gabby ask him that, and that led him to stepping close to the woman he loves; why in the world would she believe that he's mad at her. "Hey, why in the world would I be mad at you?" Gabby took a breath when she heard Matt ask her why he'd be mad at her, because she knew that he couldn't be mad at her; at the same time, this did leave her in a pickle...and a bit embarrassed, as she now had to reveal the reason why she thought that Matt was mad at her.

"I made you take a leave from the CFD." Matt shook his head when he heard Gabby say that, as it wasn't the truth. Both the fact that he was mad at her, and that she was the one who made him take a leave from the CFD. Rather, he was happy to be with her; and she was not the one who made him take a leave from the CFD, he wanted to do that for himself. "Hey, don't you dare think that way." But still, even though he told her that; Gabby (regardless) continued to think that it was her fault. "How can I not Matt? It's the truth." Matt shook his head as Gabby continued to insist that she, rather than him, was the reason why he took a leave from the CFD. Stepping close to his girl at the counter, Matt put his hand on her hip before tugging her against his chest. He then stared into her eyes and put his hand on the side of her face. Stroking her cheek with his thumb, Matt smiled as he leaned in and kissed the woman of his dreams softly. "First of all, take a breath ok baby?"

Gabby agreed with Matt when he said that, just staring into his eyes. At the same time, Matt smiled at her while wrapping his arms around the woman he loves more than anything in the entire world; the woman that he hates making her feel the way she's feeling the way she's feeling right now. And yes, he blames himself as she's blaming herself for a decision that he made himself; and that just wasn't right. Moving her hand to the back of Matt's head as she stared up into her husband's eyes, Gabby leaned up and then proceeded to kiss Matt softly. Taking things nice and slow with each other, Matt and Gabby just took a moment to enjoy a bit of time with each other; time that they both needed with each other at the moment, as this was not something that Matt wanted to talk about when she's all worried. In fact, maybe they should move this conversation to bed. "What do you say we take this conversation to bed? We can talk in there." Gabby agreed. "I like that idea, then we can cuddle; and I can apologize..." Matt shook his head. "For nothing. You have no reason to apologize."
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX