Chapter Seven: Ms. Gabriela Casey?

Hi Readers:
What did you think of the last chapter, and all of the discussions that happened? Well, I hope you enjoyed them as I hope to give you some more information on them right now. So, let's just jump right into it. Here's Chapter 7.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

He thought that the traffic going out of town would be easy, compared to what they are currently dealing with. This traffic is unlike any traffic that he's seen so far, probably because they're starting to get to a point where they're now starting to merge highways. More specifically, the highways that take you from Northern Michigan to Detroit, the East Coast and Florida. And he believes that there's truckers that have to take this route, there's just no way that this can't be what happens. Then again, who knows what happens on this route. All Matt knows, is that he wishes that he would've asked Gabby to drive. The reason he doesn't want her to drive, is due to the fact that she's never towed something. If you forgot, Matt and Gabby also brought their car along with them so that they can park a bit of a distance away from the big cities. But right now, that was definitely not something that was on his mind; rather, he was trying to concentrate on the traffic.

Well, that, and the conversation that he and Gabby are currently in the midst of having with each other. But which conversation might that be? The conversation that Matt already brought up, and that they are going to need to talk about more in depth when it comes to the logistics of how it's going to happen; and whether she even wants it to happen. But what am I talking about exactly? How Matt wants to truly be Mr. and Ms. Casey. Yes, I know what you are probably asking 'isn't Gabby already Ms. Casey legally?' well, yes she is. But Matt's talking about in public. He gets that she likes her heritage, and he understands that Casey is not the most Hispanic name; but there's a reason behind him asking his wife to take his last name. He believes that her having the last name "Dawson" to use on a daily basis gives her a bit too much independence. It might make her feel like a 'Miss' rather than a 'Ms.'. (E.g., an unmarried, single woman with freedom).

But the truth is, that's no longer her reality; as they are married. They are Mr. and Ms. Matthew James Casey. They are husband-and-wife, and he wants her to treat her like her equal. Yes, she's going to start doing better; he is well aware of the fact that she's going to concentrate on that. But right now, he wants to talk to Gabby about her using her name; because that's what the name 'Gabriela Casey' is in relation to her, it's her name for her to use. And he wants her to use it for the aforementioned reasons. He just hopes that she understands where he's coming from, and why he's asking her to start using his last name on a daily basis. Taking a breath, Matt got ready to talk to Gabby about it as he drove them both out of town. "Think we can talk about something while we're stuck in this traffic?" Looking up from her iPad, Gabby smiled. "Want me to open the app that we want to use for conversations?" Matt shook his head when he heard that. "Later."

Gabby agreed with Matt when he said that, well aware of the fact that he's going to stick to that commitment, as he was the one who first brought up the app in the first place while they were still at home. But, it seems like Matt has something else on his mind that he wants to talk to her about. "You want to talk to me about something specific baby?" Matt sighed when Gabby asked him that question, a bit nervous as to her response in the first place; I mean, is she going to deny that what he's asking her is a good idea? God, there are so many ways to start this conversation. But Matt has yet to think about how he can say it, so he's just going to wing it. Better to just wing it, than not say anything at all (in his opinion); and if he screws up, then he can just apologize and drop it. Either that, or he can figure out how to say it another way; he's sure that there can always be a better way to say something, a way that doesn't offend his wife that much. But, let's take a shot.

"Uhm, it's about that topic that I mentioned back in Grand Rapids while we were eating." Gabby turned to look at her man when he said that, smiling at him as she knew of the exact topic that he was thinking about. The topic that relates to him wanting her to use his last name. "Oh, you mean the one related to the name 'Ms. Gabriela Marie Casey'?" Matt laughed when he heard Gabby ask him that, a bit nervous. "Baby, you seem nervous right now. Why are you so nervous?" Matt took a breath when she asked him that because he is nervous; after all, he doesn't want to make her feel ashamed for wanting to use her family name, as it's a beautiful name that she has. Gabriela Dawson is the woman that he fell in love with, but he thinks that her using the last name 'Dawson' is just something that they need to change. They need to change, for her to really understand how they need to work now. They are a team, they are a Mr. and Ms.; e.g., they're husband and wife.