Chapter Forty-Six: Here for You

Hi Readers: I know that I left you guys on a cliff-hanger last chapter. But rather than do the call, I have decided to just start at the hospital where the best friends are going to meet up. Let's just hope that everything goes okay. Find out readers!
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

AN HOUR LATER, CHICAGO MED – The entire firehouse was currently gathered in the ICU ward of the hospital where Benny was currently being hospitalized for a heart attack, and it's where they've been ever since they got the call. In fact, it was where the entire firehouse has been since they first got the call. The house didn't even hesitate in all leaving at the same time, even though it was originally just a call for ambulance to respond to the call. But, they had a motto at Firehouse 51. And it was a tradition that they are still continuing to this day, that they come to the hospital if one of their friends (or one of their family members) are in the hospital. And that was exactly what was happening right now, as they were all worried for the squad lieutenant; the squad lieutenant who has yet to leave the side of his father's hospital bed, as they tried to figure out his prognosis at the moment. However, Matt was not the only Casey who was going to be joining Severide.

Rather, his wife was on her way here. While it was something that he wasn't the biggest fan of (her driving herself here), he knew that Gabby was not going to stop herself from behind here; especially when both her husband, and her best friend are taking this hard. Yes, Matt and Stella are taking this hard too. It's hard for Stella because this is a hard time for the man she loves. And Matt? It's hard on him due to the fact that Kelly is his best friend. So, regardless of the fact that it was going to mean that she had to drive here (which is something that Matt, as you know, isn't the biggest fan of); she had to drive here so that she could be here for her husband, his best friend, and her best friend. And that was exactly where she was right now. She was just making her way upstairs to the ICU where the entire firehouse was currently gathered, that way she can be with her husband; and she can tell already as she walked through the halls that things were currently tense over there.

Just walking up towards the waiting room where her husband is currently sitting with the rest of the firehouse, Gabby Casey took a breath due to the fact that she might've ran faster than she should've; especially when it's still a bit early (it's only 10 am), and because she's pregnant with twins. So, it was quite easy for her to get winded. Yet, she felt like she had to get here as fast as she could so that she could support her husband; and so that she could support her best friend through this hard time that she now finds herself in. But right now, that was not what she was going to think about; especially now that she's here, and that she can finally take a breather and relax. Just walking into the waiting room, she set her eyes on her husband for the first time since they got the call that his best friend's father was having a heart attack at the moment. Just walking in, she could see that he had his hands in his head; and that he was worried right now. He was worried for Kelly and Benny.

But that was not who Gabby was worried about at the moment. Rather, she was worried for her husband and how he was doing as he watched his best friend go through this; and she was also trying to breathe after having a bit of trouble getting here in the first place. The reason? Gabby got a bit worried on her way here. She got worried that this might be her future, her husband being on the edge of death; because he had a heart attack after her career, and whether it would be soon. And that was frightening. Whether he would meet his children, the children that he's already wanted. And even worse, it was only happening an hour and a half into their shift (it was currently 10:30); the firehouse left for the call an hour earlier, and they've already been here at the hospital for about 30 minutes. But Gabby just needed a bit of time to breathe, and she wanted to make sure that she was okay at the moment. She needed to make sure that she could do this and be here now.