(52) A Dawson Thanksgiving - Part Three

Start from the beginning

Matt agreed. "Yeah, add in the fact that we're having twins; and that's just something that makes her even more tired. So, we're going to get out of here pretty soon after supper I think. We just want to go home and relax. Plus, Gabby recorded the parade today; so I think...she secretly wants to get back home so we have enough time to watch it in it's entirety. Or at least as much as possible as we cuddle up to each other in bed. That's really her favorite thing to do, especially when she's had a drama filled today; today being one of those days. I'm not sure if Gabby told you Camila..." Camila just nodded when Matt was about to tell her what happened to his best friend. "Yes, I am well aware of what happened." Antonio then turned to look at his brother-in-law. "Is this related to that conversation that we were going to have before you rushed upstairs?" Matt nodded. "Speaking of which, Gabby is going to join us. I'm sorry Camila but, I would rather Gabby just sit down now. I know you like spending time with her, but could you come do it in the living room?" Camila agreed with Matt, smiling.

"Matt, of course I can come spend time with you all in the living room. I understand completely why you want to do it in the living room instead of in the kitchen, Gabby needs her rest for the sake of those grandchildren of mine; do you, by any chance, have any news on the gender?" Matt laughed. "Trust me, I want to know just as bad. But we haven't found out yet. I hope to find out soon since I want to do the nursery." Antonio turned to look at the pending father when he said that, smiling. "I have to stay, that was probably my favorite part of the pregnancy; the hormones, not so much." Matt smirked as he walked up to another one of the bar stools, proceeding to sit down on it before feeling his phone vibrate. Going to grab it, he saw that it was a text from Gabby. 'I might just take a quick catnap. Can you come get me in a bit? I just...it's been a day full of drama, and I think we rushed coming here.' Matt agreed with his wife when she said that, completely understanding. 'Of course, just take it easy; and remember, we can leave whenever. I'll come get you for food. XO'

Taking a breath, Matt went to put his phone in his pants. "So, quick update on Gabby." The two Dawsons turned to look at Matt when he said that, with the mother being a bit worried. "Is she okay?" Matt nodded. "Oh, she's fine. You really think that I would be here if she wasn't? Oh, I'd be rushing upstairs again." Antonio snickered when he heard Matt say that, as he was well aware of that fact. "Oh, I can already see that happening." Matt nodded. "I just got a text from Gabby; she's just going to take a bit of a catnap. It's been a day full of drama." Antonio turned to look at his brother-in-law when he said that. "Drama related to her not being in favor of you quitting the CFD?" Camila turned to look at her son when he said that. "I heard that Gabby was in favor of that, at least that was how I was reading it when we were just speaking. Are you guys having problems when it comes to that Matthew?" Matt shook his head. "Okay, slow down and just take a breather you both. We are not having problems when it comes to me quitting the CFD." Antonio and Camila were both relieved.

"And I made that decision entirely on my own, without Gabby having to ask me to leave the CFD for the record; this was my decision, and I was actually going to explain it to you when we were talking Antonio. But we were interrupted by Gabby, and I needed to be there. By the way, Gabby is no longer wearing her dress; she's a bit...stressed when she's wearing it, so we decided she's going to be wearing something a bit more comfortable. I hope that you guys are okay with that.." Camila looked at Matt when he said that, starting to get a bit concerned for both her daughter (along with her future grandchildren). "Are she and the twins okay?" Matt nodded. "We have no reason to believe that they aren't. She just wants to take it easy and relax, so she's not going to be helping out with cooking anymore. We're just going to sit down together. And the truth is, I think that this morning's drama really did cause her some problems." Camila was confused when she heard that. "What happened." Matt took a breath. "My best friend's father had a heart attack this morning."