"And you think Zayn isn't my best friend?"

"I can't just watch this happen over and over again," I said.

Niall put his hand on mine. "You might not have to too much longer," he said. "Just keep it low-key, okay?"

There was a look in his eye that wasn't there before, and I knew he wasn't joking around.

I let myself relax into the chair. If he wasn't holding me back, I don't even know what I would've done.

"Can I at least text Perrie?" I asked.

"Of course," he said. "Just don't say anything to Zayn. We don't know what he's dealing with."

Niall was quiet for a second. I could see him bite his tongue.

"Zayn never did take all the hate as well as we did," he added.

There was no excuse for what he did, and I didn't think there ever could be, but I knew from the sound in his voice that this wasn't something I should interfere with.

I took a deep breath.

"I'll keep it to myself for now," I said. "But he needs to know he can't keep doing this without consequences."

"I totally agree with you," Niall said. "It's not a respectable thing to do, and I don't support it, but now just isn't the time to confront him."

Niall put his hand on my back.

He was just as confused with the whole thing as I was.

I was kinda glad he was glued to me for the week, or else he might have ended up in the trouble that Louis and Zayn were in.

"You can finish getting ready," I said, removing his hand from my back. "I'll be out in a second."

He gave me a thumbs up and then left the room.

I needed to give myself a few seconds to calm down.

I almost didn't want to leave the room, because I knew that if I saw Zayn, I would be triggered again.

I contemplated physically wrapping tape around my mouth, but that wouldn't do anything for my fists.

You and I both know that I would never beat up Zayn, but part of my brain wanted me to.

I tried to give Perrie a call, but the phone just kept ringing, which meant she was on the line with somebody else.

I sent her a text message just telling her that she could talk to me if she wanted, and then I knew I had to leave the room.

There was too much negative energy.

It required a lot of strength to push myself off of my seat, but I did it, and I tucked my phone back away in my pocket. It was for the better.

As soon as I left the safety of the empty room, I was exposed to so many people walking around, trying to complete their job.

I had to be honest, it didn't make me feel as nervous anymore.

As long as Niall and I didn't display PDA, we were safe.

I didn't even care anymore, really. We were so close to my due date and it wouldn't be much longer before we had no choice other than to tell people if we wanted to spend time with our child.

And even then, we wouldn't have to confirm anything.

I was walking down the hall, minding my own business, when somebody came out of nowhere.

They grabbed my shoulders and guided me into the room across from where they jumped out at me.

I almost screamed for help because it felt like I was being abducted, but then I realized who it was.