Chapter 67

Next day. Day of inauguration.
Joanne started off by assigning her partners to their posts and their offices. She made Isabelle the Joint head of the Medical and the Cyber departments; Karam, the First Grand Master; Suraj, the Director of the Organisation; and her lawyer, the President's only Advisor. She welcomed them all into their offices one by one. And showed them to her office at last. She was the President. Standing in her office, smiling brightly, she said to them, "Welcome to the Wings of the Last Reaper, Director Sharma, Joint head Gong, my only Advisor and Grand Master Gowel! I look forward to our bright future together!". They replied all together, "Thank you President Joanne! We look forward to it as well!". They shook hands.
Then they called for a gathering in the Meeting hall. It was a pretty big area with an overlooking balcony. All the subordinates were gathered downstairs and the superiors on the balcony. Suraj addressed the crowd first, "We're very happy to build this small family of ours! Our only goal is to make better future on behalf of those who are powerless and innocent. I hope you all know about the struggle to survive in the so-called 'healthy' society around us. So today we are all gathered here to work on that. Now, let me introduce you to your Superiors. I am Suraj Sharma, your Director. (Pointing towards Isabelle) This is Isabelle Gong, the Joint head of the Medical and the Cyber departments. (Pointing towards the lawyer) This is Dev Banerjee, the President's only Advisor. (Pointing towards Karam) This is Karam Gowel, the First Grand Master. And now, the most important and powerful person here, (Joanne came up to the front), is our President, Miss Joanne". He then walked aside to let her take over. Joanne glared coldly at the crowd for a while and their facial expressions stiffened under her chilling gaze. "Welcome to the Wings of the Last Reaper, my Dark Knights! I only ask for your loyalty, faith and honesty. You will bring prosperity to this world for me us and yourselves, and in return I will protect you as my own children. But, if you ever try to do anything out of the ordinary, without informing us beforehand...not a single hair on your body will be spared. Remember it! Further details and your needs will be supplied to you by our Director. Don't disappoint me!" and she left. The crowd was supplied with leaflets with the rules and regulations they had to follow, and neckbands with a pendant of a pair of wings as a token of their membership. Joanne even arranged for a buffet meal for everyone there in the afternoon. After the day was over, the men left and the upper members, Joanne, Jishin, Seoyun and Levi went to the Residential floor to rest. Everyone took a room for themselves. On their way, Jishin told her, "Weren't you a bit too strict with them?". Joanne chuckled, "You're one to talk, you cold-blooded Mafia head!". He rolled his eyes at her.

[Italics: Bengali language was used by the characters]

The END.