Chapter 35

Next day. As said, a chauffeur arrived at the hotel by 10, and Joanne got a text about it. She got ready to call Mr. and Miss Marino. She guided Mr. Marino towards the car but he stopped her. Pointing towards the chauffeur, "Why's he here?". "Why? What's wrong with him?". "Nothing, uh.. Can you drive?". She nodded at him saying, "Obviously". "Then send him away. You'll drive us there". She then bowed at him, "As you wish Sir", and gestured towards the driver to hand her the key. She then helped Mr. Marino into the front seat. Closing the door she called Jishin but he didn't pick up so, she asked the driver for the location and told him to leave. She started the car. After a while, that man broke the silence, "I don't usually like to keep drivers, so I told you to send him away. And besides you drive really well!". She turned towards him and smiled gently and returned her focus to the road. He then suddenly put his hand on her thigh, gently stroking it. "And also I don't need any other company when I've got such a nice lady beside me!" (grinning). She suppressed her reaction, instead just forced out a smiled. 

They soon arrived at the venue, and she held the door for him. Jishin and Seoyun were waiting outside for them and saw her get out of the driver's seat, but didn't say anything. They greeted each other and went on about their purpose, but Joanne asked to stay back, as she wanted to smoke. Seoyun came back earlier than the others and asked her for a cigarette. While puffing on it, he asked her, "So, did you kill the driver or something?". She was startled, "Huh! What? Do you take me for a killing machine?". He flinched as well, and got nervous realising what he had just asked, and fumbled, "Um.. no! It was just a joke! Ghosh!(forced laughter) Why would I have such thoughts about about you?". She replied with an intimidating aura, "Who knows!". "Then, where is he?". "Your guest asked me to drive, so I sent him away". Just then Jishin returned with Mr. Marino. Seoyun got into the front seat beside the driver's, and she helped Jishin and Mr. Marino behind. She started the car. Jishin told her to drop him and Seoyun at the HQ, and got busy with his guest talking about work. She picked up the pace a little too much.