Chapter 7

They both saw them entering and Yujun kind of mocked, “Looks like you bought the whole store!”. Carefully carrying the bags, “No. I just bought what was necessary. Since I'm staying here, I’ll need these. Now please excuse us”. As she was about to get past them, Lucifer extended his leg towards her and as she was unable to see her feet, she tripped on his leg and fell over. He was weirdly delighted at this and exclaimed, “Ha! Worthless! Watch where you’re going”. Being on the floor, she grabbed the carpet he was standing on and pulled it hard in the direction opposite to where he was facing. And he fell face down on the ground. They both got up. She started to gather her stuff from the floor. (Furious) “You bitch! How dare you?”, and he was about to pounce on her. Yujun immediately grabbed him by the shoulder. Joanne and Levi went away. Yujun was kinda annoyed at Lucifer’s childish behaviour, “What’s your problem?”. Lucifer shoved him off and stormed away. Late at night, after cleaning up after they dined, Joanne was alone at the diner and eating. Jishin came lingering down to the kitchen and saw her struggling to hold the knife with her wounded hand. He approached her gently and sat down beside her, “Let me help you”. She was clearly surprised. While he seemed concerned, “How’s your hand ?”. “Better”. He took the silverware and started to feed her, “You messed up, didn’t you?”. “What do you mean?”(squinting her eyes at him). “How did you get cut ?”. Looking away, “It was just an accident”. “Lie!”. She looked up at him, startled, “Huhh!”. He looked at her with a calm gaze, “I saw you last night, leaving Lucifer’s room. And I also saw him all beat up”. She was looking down, biting her lip nervously.