Chapter 33

They stared at each other for a few seconds and she shoved him off and went back to her table. She softened, "I'm so sorry for the interruption. (slightly smiling) You see he's..". That person cut her off, with a straight face, "Are you two close?". Joanne was shocked, "No!". "Then?". "He's my business partner". "But why is a business partner interrupting your date? Their interruptions should be limited to your professional life, right?". She was speechless for a moment, then said, "I... I know. He's just a bit clingy. That's it!". You don't need to worry about him" (with a soft and pleading tone). That woman was still in disbelief, "I don't believe you. And never contact me again!", and got up and left. Joanne somewhat raised her voice to make her listen to her, "But! It's nothing like what you're thinking! Please, Sunhui, just listen to me.. Hey!!" and kept gawking at that woman leaving. Jishin had been taking in everything that happened there, and came up to her, and said softly, "Let's go home". She looked up at him with cold eyes, stood up and said without looking at him, "If you don't want me to humiliate you right here, then just.." and she left. Being left behind, he was perplexed and went back to his car with the other two. 

In his car, he started to talk to himself, "I made her real mad at me!". Lucifer said somewhat softly for behind, "We both did!". Hearing that, Jishin spinned his head to look at him, "You?!". Lucifer fumbled, "Uhm...". "What do you mean, you did too?.... Oh wait! That incident! So you're trying too! Gawd!", clenching his fists on the steering wheel. Lucifer got embarrassed and turned his face towards the window. On the other hand, Jiho, who was sitting in the co-passenger seat, hearing their conversation, got overwhelmed and was hiding his flushed face with his hand and avoided small talk. Jishin noticed Jiho's strange behaviour and asked, "Why are you so quiet all of a sudden? And, why are you hiding your face? What's wrong?". Jiho revealed his face, still avoiding eye contact, said softly, "It's nothing". Jishin's expression worsened, "Its definitely something! Now don't make me repeat myself!". Jiho strated fidgeting and scratching his face, and mumbled, "I think... I.. I like her too!" and immediately looked out the window. Jishin's jaw dropped in surprise. He then takes a deep breath and tightened his grip on the wheel, "So I'll have to compete against you both!". They returned home. But Joanne didn't, instead bought a nice bottle of scotch and went to a hotel, that is not owned by Jiho, and decided to stay the night there.