Chapter 12

The rest of the keepers were standing at a distance in a queue with Joanne in the middle. Hearing the guest say that Jishin became a bit angry as they kept nagging about her over and over again, and stared at her with concern. She returned the gaze with an obedient nod and served the dinner. They finally calmed down and left after finishing dinner. After cleaning up everything, she had dinner with the keepers and then she went to Yujun's room to get her hand dressed. She knocked, "Sir?". "Yeah, come in". She went in and sat beside the table. He opened the first aid kit on the table and sat on a stool near her. While dressing her hand, he noticed that she had been staring at his books on the shelf behind him for a long time, "Do you like reading?". She got startled at his question, "Yes…umm..what kind of doctor are you?". He answered without looking up at her, "Cardiologist". As she was unaware, she repeated the word questioningly. He then looked up at her with a soft gaze, "Hmm. Those who treat people's hearts". He waited for a while and pulled his stool towards her, leaned towards her and touched her cheek lightly, "You know, I can treat you too if you want!", and then attempted to kiss her. She got flustered and subtly pushed him away, "We shouldn't!"(looking away). She then stood up and said, bowing, "Thank you sir for your hospitality! Have a good night!" and left the room in haste.