Chapter 25

After they were done with discussion and sorting out their plan, Joanne went to visit Levi in his room. As soon as he opened the door, he jumped at her, hugging her. "I am so glad you came back, Sis!". She smiled tenderly at him, "You see, I went to see my sick ex. As your brother won't let me, if I had asked him formally. So I had to do it the other way. Heh!". They both laughed. She suddenly changed the topic, "I heard you haven't been eating well. How about I make something special for dinner, just for you!". His eyes shone with excitement, and he nodded enthusiastically. She pulled his cheeks and left. 

Next day. 

Near noon, Jishin took Joanne out to a boutique for a party gown and other accessories. After that, they went to visit the venue where the event would take place. She took in every nook and corner, and the secret passages there were.

On the eve of that event. 

Helpers from the boutique came with her dress. After she was done dressing up, she went out to the living room, where Jishin, Seoyun, Lucifer, Yujun and Levi were waiting for her. She walked towards them. All of their jaws dropped seeing her beauty and elegance. To break the awkward silence, Levi spoke, "Yo Sis! You look stunning!". She smiled gracefully at him, "So do you, Lev!....Let's go, gentlemen". They got into their cars and soon arrived at the venue. First Jishin stepped out, then Joanne and the others followed. He intentionally put his hand around her waist and pulled her closer. And so she tried to push him subtly, but then he removed his hand from her waist only to grab her hand tightly, and spoke while walking, "Don't get loose or someone might steal you away tonight", whispering in her ear. She whispered back without turning her head, "Is that jealousy speaking?". He mocked, "Hah! Don't flatter yourself! I just don't wanna lose a great asset like you". She scoffed at him, "Asshole!". They entered the main hall, where the guests were gathering and mingled with them.