Chapter 55

She stared sternly at him with her head slightly tilted. He said to her softly, "I'm really confused.....I can't decide whom to choose and whom not!", with a disgusting smile pasted on his face. She straightened her head and stepped towards him with a domineering look in her eyes, "First get past me, and then anything else". He scratched his neck and shrugged, "Just couse you defeated him, don't forget that I'm also a Grandmaster", smiled and patted her shoulder and finally left. She then exhaled. She had a small water bottle in her hand, she crumbled it and forcefully threw it into the bin. It was pretty late at night so they didn't wait any longer and got into the car and she started it. She drove while smoking a cigarette and never talked all the way. On the highway, she noticed a car following them from far behind. She was sure about it because that car drove at the same pace as hers and never gained in on them no matter what, maintaining the same distance in between. But the others were too engrossed in their own thoughts to notice it and she never mentioned it either. When they were near the city, a police patrol car pulled in right behind them. This time Seoyun noticed it in the rare view mirror because of the red light, " Why is that police car following us ?". Her, "Cause they've nothing better to do" and she pulled over at the side of the road. A police officer came over to her window. Her expression immediately turned calm and sweet, "Any problem, officer ?". Him, "No. Can I see your ID?". She handed him her ID. After reading through them, he stared at the others in the car, examining and asked her, " Are you here on a trip ?". She smiled, " Of course!". He then left after returning her ID. She said, "Huh...Scumbag!" and started the car and accelerated more than before. On the other hand, when they were stopped by the police car, the car that was far behind, following them, abruptly stopped at a distance and as a result got stuck behind by the same officer. She took this chance and drove fast to lose that car. They arrived at the hotel and went to their respective rooms. After about half an hour, Joanne came out of the bathroom after washing up and heard knocks on her door. As she opened it, she was shocked to see all the six standing outside. She was speechless and they made their way inside her room without bothering to ask her. She helplessly closed the door behind them and turned to meet their gazes. She gulped, "What...is it ?". The room was awkwardly silent until Jishin spoke in a demanding voice, "Explain!". She inhaled nervously, thinking that she won't be able to escape this and began, " He is one of the Grandmastters of the organisation. He used to be my trainer once. He is the reason I became cold and indifferent, almost like a robot, turning off my emotions and feelings for others than myself..... He is the clear embodiment of 'torture'. He also has an obsessive character especially of pestering anyone till it makes them think that death is bliss....(looking up at them) You should straight up avoid and stay away from him! He's bad news...even worse, a nightmare!". Lucifer suddenly spoke out of curiosity, "What's so bad about that douchebag?". She looked at him and then looked away, "His fetishes don't even spare children.... At a time, he was even suspended and advised to seek councelling. He did took the sessions but got out clean later on. He even decieved his psychiatrist". Jishin said softly, "What about you ? Are you afraid of him?". She looked at him and moved her head in a way to say 'no', "I'm worried about you all...I'm afraid..he's gonna...especially Lev", she gulped looking down. Levi came up to her, hugged her shoulder and said, "Don't worry too much. My brothers are here too, you know! You're not alone!". She looked at him, soft eyes, slightly smiled, "I know! I have faith in all of you. (her gaze suddenly turned cold) But I won't accept it if one of you gets hurt because of my mistakes!... He's trying to convince me by bringing up my late father... I can't let him have the upper hand in this(smirking).....(she cleared her throat to clear the heavy atmosphere in the room) It's pretty late, you should leave. Good night!" and she smilingly forced them out of her room. Closing the door she sighed and went to bed.

Next morning.

She got a call from that man. He wanted to meet up to discuss about the mission he mentioned earlier.

[Italics: Characters used Bengali language]