Chapter 29

Joanne stepped inside. She noticed two unfamiliar men sitting at the round table besides Jishin and Seoyun. Jishin introduced her to the men, and told her to sit. Those men kept chatting her up out of curiosity and also because they were really elated to know how she took care of her first target given by them. But she was getting irritated as she doesn't like to talk too much and kept stealing glances from Jishin in between. After a while, she finally spoke, being fed-up with their train of questions, "Umm.. if I don't have anything else to do here, can I leave?". Seoyun was about to say something when Jishin suppressed him. Seoyun was surprised, and whispered to him, "Boss, what are you thinking about testing her like that?". Jishin whispered back, "Just a little bit more. Sit still!". He smilingly said to Joanne, "Yes, you can leave now". She was like, "Huh! Really?", squinting her eyes at him. She thought to herself, "Are you trying to test the waters, you asshole?!", sighed and smilingly bit her lower lip. "You should be grateful, I let myself get kidnapped in the first place. But now I think.... I shouldn't have kept your weakest point intact!" looking sharply in his eyes. Jishin grew uneady and straightened his back in the chair. She immediately stood up and threw a thick needle at him, which landed on the table, right in front of him. Everyone else at the table flinched at her sudden stunt. She coldly said, "It was clean. The next one would be poisoned and would hit right in between your..(she ran her eyes on him from his head to his lower body and back at his eyes)...heh, eyes". He roared in anger, "Don't test me, Joanne!". She raised her voice as well after a slight laughter, "You're testing me, Jeong Jishin!". His voice lowered, "I can't take you in yet". "I know! Heh, I never believed you in the first place either..... You know, I can just leave or you do something for me in return too," smirking. "You'll have to escort someone". Her eyes filled with pure disgust, "Do I look like a fucking bodyguard to you? (sighed) You're lucky that your brother is so dear to me......else I'd have made my own choice! Whatever, send me the details. Asshole!". She just turned and was about to leave, when Jishin asked, "What do I have to do in return?". She turned around, calm, "I want to visit someone, in a certain place. You'll have to prepare a flight for me". "When?". "I'd like to meet that person on 12th February". "OK.... Send me the location then". "Hmm" and she left. Seoyun was silent for this whole time, terrified of her rage. He said cautiously, "You shouldn't take risks like that, Boss. You're pretty aware of her skills.."