Chapter 11

Jishin looked up at him, glaring at him, “How would you know anything going on in this house? You’re all so caught up in yourself”(sternly). Lucifer turned back to him, confused, “But Boss..”. He cut him off coldly, “Park Lucifer, don’t do anything that will decrease my reputation and your responsibilities in any way!”. “Y-yes Boss!”(trembling, looking down). Jishin turned his attention back to his food, without looking at Seoyun, “Fill him in on the progress”. Seoyun nodded. Jishin then soon finished and left for work. Everyone else was quite frightened at his sudden outburst. Seoyun was gapping at a distance and asked Lucifer, “Did you piss him off or something? Man! He’s in a bad mood today”(sighed). After they were done, Joanne did the dishes and some other chores with the others. Late in the evening, Jishin returned with three men and sent them ahead to the library. On the way, he called a keeper to send her there. That keeper found her in the kitchen and told her to go to the library. She hurried, knocked, went in and bowed to everyone present there. Jishin called her near with a gesture of his hand and whispered to him to bring the finest wine and some snacks for the guests. She did accordingly. While she was serving them, a guest told Jishin, looking at her, “She’s a fine lady, Mr. Jeong!”. Another guest, smiling, “Yea, about our contract…do you think we could borrow her for a few days before that?”. Both Jishin’s and Joanne’s eyes grew big hearing that. He got deep in thoughts, rested his face on his hand and looked down. While Joanne grew anxious, and kept shifting her gaze back and forth between Jishin and the guests. Jishin suddenly broke the silence and said, “I’ve even a greater catch for you! Excuse me for a while”, and he ran out of the room. While the opportunistic guests kept passing subtle and dirty comments to her. She felt really uneasy and got out of that room, telling them that she needed to refill the water. She hurried and bumped into Jishin on her way out and ran away. He was a bit confused but went back to his meeting anyway. She sent another keeper to serve them for the rest of their meeting. After they were done, Jishin called them to have dinner. At the diner, they were all seated and food was about to be served, when one of the guests said, "Stop!...(sternly, looked at Jishin)Jeong Jishin, you could tell your maid to serve us dinner for the very least!".