Chapter 5

He was amused at her reaction, “I’ve been waiting for you”. “Why?”. “I've some things to say. From tomorrow, you’ll be our head house keeper and so, you’ll be supervising the other fou9r keepers and look after all of us. You won’t be allowed to leave the premises without my permission and company. And keep your distance from others. It’ll be a really hectic job, so don’t worry, you’ll be paid well. For now you’ll have cash, but later on in your bank account”. “But I don’t have any documents with me”. “That’s my headache”. He got up, walked to the door and stopped, without turning around, “Good night, beautiful!”. She was surprised at the sudden compliment. 

The next day, she woke up early as it was the first day of her new job. She was out in Levi’s sweats. When she arrived in the living room, everyone present there stared at her casual appearance. Levi then introduces her to the other four keepers. After working for the whole day, in the evening, she found herself some fruit to eat in the kitchen. Yujun went looking for her and found her in the kitchen, “Hey. I haven’t dressed your wound, did I?”. “No”. “Go sit at the table, I’m coming”. She does as said. He came back and was dressing her wound. When Levi also came looking for her. He was excited somehow, “Hey J! Let’s go up to the terrace! (finally noticed what was going on there) Wait, what happened…to your hand ?”. “Oh, it’s nothing! (avoiding his gaze) it’s just a minor cut (changing the subject to divert his attention to somewhere else). And I still have work to do. I can’t go with you now. I’m sorry”. He stared at her for a while and went away disheartened. While Yujun was watching them, he silently spoke when he was gone, “Why did you lie to him?”. “About what?”. “Your wound. It’s not a minor cut”. She looked away, “I don’t like anyone worrying about me…..are you done ?”. “Yeah. Did you take the tablets? (absent-mindedly)”. “Which tablets?”(clueless). He suddenly realised, “Shit! I forgot to give them to you. Just wait for me here” and rushed off and returned with some stiff tablets and gave them to her. She was grateful to him, “Thanks doctor, for everything!”(smiling). “Don’t! It’s my job”. “Oh! I forgot to return your lighter. Here..” ( handing him the lighter) and they get back to their own work. After she was done with that day’s work, she went up to Levi’s room. She knocked and he let her in. Levi, “So sis, how was your first day of work?”.