Chapter 13

A few days passed by as usual. One fine morning, Joanne woke up in bloody sheets. She took those off and went to wash them off. She was sore all over and dizzy too. But she still worked as usual but at a slower pace. 

Next day, she woke up with a headache. She was feeling really sick and uneasy and was unable to work or even stand up straight. Her whole body was aching. But she kept working. While she was upstairs cleaning the floor, she crouched down, grabbing her head with both her hands. Levi noticed and approached her, "Hey, are you okay ?". She stood up, "Oh! Lev… I'm fine. Do you need anything?", she was swaying. "No. But you don't look fine", he was confused to see her in that state. "It's just a menstrual headache. Don't worry, it's…. usual", smiled forcefully at him. While he couldn't shake off his lingering concern for her, "Alright, if you say so. But have some rest, OK?". She nodded and went back to her work. He left as well. It was time for lunch, but she sent another keeper to serve in her stead. She was nauseous and her uneasiness became unbearable and she ran over to the washroom overlooking the dining table. She was puking. The others at the table were surprised at that.