Chapter 52

On their way back, Joanne suddenly told him to stop the car. She stepped out and went inside an ice-cream shop. Yujun ran after her. She had bought buckets of ice-cream of every flavor. Jiho, “What are you gonna do with all these ice-creams?”. She smiled at him and said, “Oh! I’m gonna swim in them!” and walked towards the car. Yujun was confused at her answer. Dropping her home, he went to work.
At home.
Levi was waiting for them in the living room. Seeing her enter, he rushed over towards her to help with the bags. He was pretty shocked to see the contents of the bags, “What’s all this?”. “Presents for all...Pick whichever you want!” (winked at him). He picked up a bucket and ran to take a seat to eat it. She then called for a keeper to call everyone down and sat down on the sofa. After a while, Jishin, Seoyun and Lucifer came down. Seeing them, Joanne said, “I bought ice-cream for everyone”. They all stared at her blankly. She couldn’t possibly understand what they were thinking, staring at her like that. “I don’t know which flavors you like, so…please help yourself!” and smiled awkwardly at them. They didn’t even utter a word, looked at each other, then back at her and went into the library ignoring her. She was completely clueless as to what was going on and went on to her room, took her motorcycle keys and went out. But before leaving, she only informed Levi and no one else.
She went to visit her mother and wanted to spend the day there. Since she had intentionally left her phone in her room, the others couldn’t reach her. Her mom told her to spend the night there and she did.

Next day.
The men back home were growing worried, seeing that she was not back yet. Lucifer suggested looking for her himself and went out. He arrived at Joanne’s mom’s apartment.
He knocked on the door, and her mom recognized him right away. She called out to her daughter, “Someone’s here to see you”. “Tell them I’m not going back. They just got rid of an annoyance!”. She let him in and showed him to Joanne’s room. She was lying on her stomach, on her bed, sketching a house. He walked over and sat down beside her. She ignored him and kept on sketching. He snatched the book from her and looked through it. He was pretty amazed at her skill. “Wow! You’re good!”, with a big smile. She immediately snatched it back, irritated, “Why don’t you continue ignoring me? … And leave me at peace here”, got up and put her things away. “Oh! So that’s what made you angry!”. “Am I even allowed to do that?” (raising her eyebrows at him). “Let’s go home! We can resolve the situation there”. She thought for a while and agreed to return.
On the other hand, back at home.
Others were waiting for her in the living room. And, as soon as Lucifer and Joanne entered through the door, she paused, seeing the gathering. Jishin walked towards her and snatched away her keys. She was startled, “Hey! What do you think you are doing?”. While walking away, Jishin said, “You’re grounded for a week!”. “What!! Are you my mom now? And do you think you can stop me?”. He paused and turned around, “I’ll tie you down if I have to!”. She turned to Lucifer, “So, this is how you wanted to resolve the situation?”. Lucifer was at a loss for words and looked away, scratching his neck. She sighed, “God! Give me a break!”. Jiho, “Yes, that’s what we want you to do too!”. She suddenly smiled and exclaimed, “Then let’s take it together!”. Jishin, “What do you mean?”. She replied, “I meant to say, let’s go on a vacation!”. Levi was grinning like a child and others were just observing the situation there. She continued, “What? You don’t want to?.... Alright then, guess I’ll go to Italy by myself!” (pouting). While the five of them (except for Levi) shouted in unison, “WHAT?”. She was, as usual, non-chalant, “You heard what I said”. Jishin tilted his head and asked her coldly, “Are you trying to provoke us?”. She returned the same aura, “What if I am?”.