Chapter 24

She looked away, as if she was fighting with her undiscovered feelings and emotions. He continued in hopes of convincing her when she kept herself unguarded, "I know you care for him. Come back, just for his sake! He cares for you a lot too!". "Don't think you have found my weakness because I favor your kid brother" she said disdainfully. He was at his wit's end at this point, and sighing, said "Fine! What if we make a deal? I can't just let you go like this". "What kinda' deal?". He finally succeeded in catching her attention for real this time. "I need you to kill someone for me". She was both speechless and confused at his confidence. While he continued with a glimpse of victory in his eyes, "And.....if you like doing it, we will take you in as a partner. And if you don't, then...you will be free to leave!". She raised her eyebrows at him in disbelief, "Really?". "I'm sure you'll love the job!" and he smiled at her. "Hmph! Fine!". They got into the car and returned home. And on the way there, Seoyun informed Lucifer about their progress. And so they were waiting for Jishin and Seoyun to return home with Joanne. 

At home. As they entered through the door, Levi came running towards Joanne and pounced on her, holding onto her for his life and crying. "Where have you been all this time? Do you know how much pain you have caused me?". She patted his back, trying to calm him down, "I'm so sorry, Lev. I won't do it again!". Everyone else watched them and sighed in relief. He released her. Jishin eyed Lucifer to follow him and he nodded. "Joanne?". "Yes". And, Jishin, Seoyun, Lucifer, along with Joanne, went up to their conference room. Once they were seated, Seoyun handed her a file. "There's your target". She opened the file, and saw a picture of a person and some papers with details on them. She recognised that person right away, which made her smile at herself, and said, without looking up, "You're not leaving me alone, are you?". To which Jishin immediately replied, smirking, "Yea, right!". Seoyun spoke warily, "He is..". He couldn't finish his sentence as she glared at him and continued, "I know....(looked back at the picture) And I also know what I have to do". Jishim raised his eyebrows at her. He was surprised at how knowledgeable she was. She again looked up at Seoyun, expecting him to speak, and so he did, as if he was her puppet. "There's going to be a masquerade ball in two days' time. And it'll be held in one of our hotels". She added, "And he'll be there. He may live underground all his life, but he can never miss an event full of business and beauty". Hearing her say all that, Jishin, Seoyun and Lucifer glanced at each other. She then shifted her gaze to Jishin and said in a very professional tone, "Take me there as your date. And make sure your men obey me. I'll handle the rest". "No problem. (he was internally happy and impressed) You can ask Lucifer for any weapon you want". She then smiled at Lucifer and said, "Show me your collection then!".