Chapter 18

Next morning, she woke up. She saw Lucifer, beside her bed, sleeping face down with his head beside her legs. She sat up, "Hey!". He woke up, rubbing his eyes like a baby, "You're awake!" and he ran out to call the doctor to check up on her. After her check up, they were left alone in her cabin. She spoke first, "You were here all night?". He stared at her for a moment with a perplexed look on his face and said, "Yes….. I'm sorry Joanne! I'm really sorry.. I didn't intend to hurt you!(looking down, feeling guilty)". She was rather calm, "It's fine! I'm okay now" and smiled at him. He smiled back and sat down to make some phone calls. She kept thinking to herself and suddenly got the idea to escape, because it was a golden opportunity for her. She asked, "Will I be discharged today ?". "Yes. I'll sign the papers right now". "Thank goodness! I don't like it here. Umm….. (hesitant) can you wait for me outside? So I can change into my clothes..". He nodded and left immediately. She quickly changed into her clothes and shoes. Fortunately, she had some cash on her. And it seemed like Lady Luck was in her favor that day as her cabin was on the first floor. She managed to climb out of the window, crawled at the back of a carrier van without anyone noticing her and got out at a bus stop. As we already know, she was really lucky that day, so she managed to get on a bus that visited a very remote village with very few connections with the cities and towns. She knew that village as a friend of hers lived there.