Chapter 3

Both of them were startled as they didn’t hear him come there. Levi was flustered, “Lucifer! Oh come on! We’re nothing like that. I was just telling her the rules around here”. Lucifer then turns toward Joanne, smiling, “Whatever! I am here for you actually. Come serve me some drinks in my room” in a dominating voice. Levi interrupts him, “But, she’ll start working tomorrow. Why tonight?”. Lucifer answers him in a cocky voice, “I thought she might be bored, so I gave her a job”. Joanne was silent till now, and then she whispered to Levi, “Levi, it’s OK. You told me to avoid contradictions, right!..(loud and clearly to Lucifer) I’ll go...(turning to Levi) Don’t worry silly! Have a good night!”. Then she left the terrace behind Lucifer. Levi kept staring at them leaving, with a concerned look on his face. They arrive at Lucifer's room and he holds the door for her. Lucifer, “I heard you were a bartender”. She replies with a straight face, “Yes”. He, proud of himself on the inside, “So, how do you like my own personal cellar ?”. She was indifferent as usual, “I’m least interested in what you have. Can you boast about something that you’ve earned for yourself and others?”. He was somewhat shocked to hear her reply, while sitting on the armchair and loosening his tie, “Why are you so serious? Let’s not ruin the mood now”. She kept serving him with whiskey. After a few rounds, she was putting the filled glass on the tea table in front of him while he grabbed her hand, smiling, tells her to drink with him. She was not really moved by his advances as she had experienced such situations before at the bar. She then loosened her hand and took away the glass, saying calmly, “I don’t drink when I’m working. Please excuse me, sir”. She subtly pushed him onto the chair and turned around. He, on the other hand, got furious, “You bitch! How dare you reject ME!!” and got up and grabbed her neck tightly from behind her, and pushed her against the counter. “Do you have any idea about who I am and what I can do!?”. She replies aggressively, “I don’t care!”. She still had that glass from earlier in her hand, and unfortunately it broke in her hand. But she still managed to turn around and punch him hard on his nose. He shrieked in pain and loosened his grip on her, immediately grabbing his nose. She then kicks him straight in his abdomen and he gets thrown back, crashing onto the floor. She was frowning, “Now don’t make me break your bones, you bastard!” and dashed out of the room. But Jeong Jishin was standing right outside the room, whom she didn’t notice, taking in everything that happened there.