Chapter 8

He continued, “I told you to stay away, didn’t I?”. She again looked up at him, surprised at his words, “Never in hell would I want to get close to any of you. And…. Do you think it’s my fault that he tried to get inside my pants?”. He was confused, “Umm..”. She didn’t let him say anything, “Look, I’m grateful that, instead of the worst, you gave me a job after kidnapping me. I’m really grateful to you! But I don’t need your sympathy”. She snatched away the cutlery from his hands, took the plate and stood up. He was utterly shocked and speechless, “B-but I’m not even done talking”. Politely, “You should get some rest now. Good night, Master!”, bowed. She went away. He blankly stared at her leaving. On the other hand, Levi was watching and listening to them all this time, hidden behind a pillar. He went to wait outside her room before she returned. She saw him pacing back and forth in front of her room and was about to ask him when he interrupted her, “We need to talk” and opened the door for her and both went it. Once they were inside, she raised her eyebrows at him questioningly. He seemed angry at her somehow, “You lied to me!”. She was at a loss, “What are you talking about?”. He pointed at her wounded hand, “Your wound! It was not an accident, right? Why did you lie to me? Do you not trust me at all? I told you I could help you out with anything I need! Then why didn’t you tell me that Brother Lucifer tried to….”. She was moved by his concern for her and was looking down, realising her fault. She shouldn’t have lied to him. She then looked up at him, hesitated, “You see.. I’m not used to sharing things with people. I’ve never done that before. From the very beginning, I’ve learnt to keep things inside….revealing was never an option”. “Then, then why did you tell brother about it?”. “I didn’t want to, but…he saw us that night. (looking pitifully in his eyes) I’m sorry!”.