Chapter 56

She called the others in her room and told Levi to bring his laptop along. They arrived. To Levi, "Log into this hotel's registration system and make sure that no one else gets in. And also take a hold of the CCTVs around here...Seoyun, please watch the footage and look out for anything suspicious, even if it's a kid or an old hag.... And most importantly, (with a heavy voice) you all are not allowed to go out of this hotel without me!". She then took her phone and called someone. She told them to put undercover guards and snipers around the hotel building. She sighed and said to them (looking down), "I don't know what exactly he's upto yet....so, please let me do my best and protect you!". It was awkwardly silent. They were not mentally prepared to see her helpless like this. Yujun broke the silence. They were all very understanding and obedient. He said in a reassuring voice, "Don't worry, we won't cause you any trouble ". She looked up at him with a relieved smile. She then went out to check out the security she asked for and took breakfast on her return.
After a few hours, she took the boyband out for lunch and some sightseeing nearby. She couldn't just keep them cooped up for their stay there. But she seemed restless while they were out and kept smoking more frequently. She dropped them at the hotel and drove off to meet that man.
He (Joanne's old trainer) booked a private room in a restaurant, at a place which was fortunately far away from the hotel they were staying in. He warmly greeted her when she came in. She was quite surprised and suspicious of his warmth towards her, which meant he had something really big planned. He put some files on the table in front of her, "These are the logs of all the targets for the past 2 years". She looked at him in wonder and then read the files simultaneously. She was shocked, as most of the missions were conducted mainly for money and not for justice. He said, "I'm sure you remember Mr. Bose, who used to be the Chief Advisor. But soon after you left, a lot changed... The Chief Commander fell ill and Bose took his palce. I also have some inside info. that he was the reason for the Chief's downfall...and he had been manipulating him form long ago. The incident with your team was also his doing". She looked up at him with calm eyes, "Do you wanna go against them?". "Not just that. I want to take the whole racket down". She raised her right eyebrow at him and his new ways, "And you want me to do it with you?...And what's in it for me?". "About your father-". She cut him off disdainfully, and giggled, "Call me greedy, but that won't not enough". He smiled, looking down, "I knew it!", and looked up at her, "What do you want?". She stared at him for a while and said, "I wanna set up my own gang here". He was startled to hear her words and so raised both his eyebrows at her, with round eyes, "What! B-but how can I do that?". She smiled, "That you'll know when the right time comes. Now just draw up a contract and don't miss any details. OK!". She was preparing to get up when he stopped her, "Wait! Are..are you sure about this?". She glared at him, which made his spine run cold. "Don't worry, I won't go astray nor will I let you!". She then waved him goodbye and left him speechless and deep in thought. This was one of those few times when she made him uneasy too of all people. This attribute of hers even made the elders wary and deceitful towards her.
She was about to get into her car, when her phone rang. It was Jishin asking about her whereabouts. She said that she was done and coming back. She took a different route while returning to the hotel just to avoid any unnecessary incidents.

At the hotel. 
She told the boyband to relax a bit for then, as he wouldn't be disturbing them anytime soon.

They spent a few days free of any worries.

Then one fine morning, she received a letter from that man.

[Italics: Characters used Bengali language there]