Chapter Seventy: Heartbreak Halloween - Side B

"What the fuck Joe?" Sam exclaimed.

"Hello to you too" he replied, folding his arms across his chest and letting a deep sigh fall from his mouth as his head rolled back, eyes to the sky.

"It's not even been a month and you're showing up at a party with someone else? And to really put the cherry on the cake she's a fucking minor, might I add." her voice was getting increasingly shrill with each passing word and my thoughts instantly went to others overhearing. 

"Sam stop yelling" I whispered.

We were gaining far too much attention but I was ignored, not that I expected her to listen. Her ferocious determination and stubbornness were something I always admired about her and it came in handy 90% of the time. But in times like this, it fell under that remaining 10%.

"She's not a minor Sam, she's nineteen," he growled. "But considering this isn't a thing anymore, it's not really any of your business regardless." He pointed a stern finger back and forth between the two of them.

"Oh great! A whole twelve months difference, that really makes it better well done" she scoffed, giving a slow mocking clap.

I look around the kitchen behind us and beyond into the rest of the house, catching a few too many eyes plastered our way accompanied by whispering from some.

"And again not that it's any of your business but I'm not here with her, I was basically asked to babysit," Joe added, but it didn't seem to make a difference to Sam.

"Joe, are you blind? She's all over you like she waiting for you to whip your dick out, Or was leading on a child part of the babysitting deal?"

"Ok the child shit stops right now, that's fucking gross" Joe's eyes bore straight into Sam's.

"Guys, keep your voices down" I yell whispered at them again before trying to pull her into the pantry with us so I could shut the door. She instantly yanked her hand away from my grip and stood her ground firmly.

"Hey, maybe we should take this outside," Joseph said as he came up behind Sam.

He was trying to help me get a hold of the situation but Sam was having none of it. She may be my best friend, but right now she's not thinking straight and honestly it's pushing me to wanna slap her. Joseph then opened his mouth to continue but she put her finger up in Josephs's face to silence him and I was done. Joseph put his hands up in surrender before moving to my side, telling me to leave them to it but I shook my head.

I didn't think I just did. I grabbed Sam by the wrist and pulled her into the pantry so hard she fell into Joe a little and slammed the sliding door shut behind her and Joseph. I turned back to catch the shock covering their faces as Joe helped Sam upright again on her heels. Sam went to protest with a sassy remark I knew was coming but I put my hand in her face. Her gaped mouth closed shut instantly.

"Both of you shut the fuck up, ok?" I spoke, my voice level and stern. "If you two seriously can't wait to have this conversation till a more appropriate you are more than welcome but I'll be fucking damned if I let it continue in here. Take it outside. Caleb has been organising this party for the better half of six months, a fact you are both more than aware of, and I'm not gonna let you both ruin it with your bullshit."

Sam and Joe both looked a mixture of shocked but more importantly, guilty as the reality of what they were doing was setting in. I turned my attention to Sam.

"I know you have your trust issues with guys, cause I've seen so many of them screw you over and I don't blame you. But you cannot let those guys cloud your judgment of everyone, it's not fair. Joe is a good guy and you know it."