Chapter Fourty Five: The Newcomer - Joseph's POV

It had been about three days after "The boathouse incident" as it had so creatively been named and Billie and I were walking onto set, just chatting away. I had taken the opportunity to walk with my hand in her back pocket, cupping her ass, like I saw Joe and Sam do on the day we filmed the DnD scene.

- Flashback -

"Well, Keery doesn't waste any time does he.." I said watching Joe walk away with Sam, his hand in the back pocket of Sam's jeans. Billie turned to see I was there and I looked at her with a smile. I felt a pain in my heart when she looked away from my gaze but it didn't last long as I saw her cheeks go pink. Maybe she does like me.

"Yeah, its sick making isn't it" she replied staring off at Joe and Sam as they walked away "they are so cute together though" she added. I followed her gaze and the thought of her and I doing that popped into my head and made my heart ache wishing that could be reality.

Well today was the day and I couldn't be happier if I tried. When I initially put my hand in there I saw Billie take a deep breath and she blushed hard with a small smile. Her cute reaction making me melt, I leaned over to her as she continued talking and kissed her temple. In all honesty, I wasn't really paying attention to what she was saying. In the moment I was just overwhelmed with happiness, my heart fluttering. I was just watching her, her eyes glittering in the sun as she spoke to me, her smile never leaving her perfect lips.

How I managed to manifest this I have no idea.

We started the day off with a quick meeting with the brothers and the rest of the cast and crew before we got to any filming. We were all in the same meeting room as we had been on the first day for the introductory breakfast. The room that I first laid eyes on Billie.

God that was a good day.

Billie had sat in the same spot that she sat that day too and I sat next to her. She had her chin rested in her hand as she listened to what was going on. But again, I was too busy just admiring her. I was leaning back in my seat, one arm around the back of her chair, subtlety drawing gentle little patterns on her shoulder with my fingertips. She reached over to me under the table with her free hand and rested it on my thigh, giving it a little squeeze as she looked back at me with a smile. I sent her a wink.

"Ok, well if no one else has any questions, lets get to work!" Finished Matt with a big smile, rubbing his hands together, and way too much enthusiasm for 6:30 on a Monday morning. Everyone slowly started to filter out of the meeting room, the room filled with chatter.

"Well i'd say I was bummed but that would be the understatement of the century! I love Ashley" Said Maya, walking up next to Billie as we exited the meeting room. She reached down and held Billie's hand as we walked, making me smile. It was nice to see them becoming so close, but I guess that's what happens when you save someone's life.

"I know, we should send her flowers or something and organise a time to maybe catch up with her sometime if we can" Billie replied, looking a little down.

"Wait, what's happened with Ashley?" I said confused, finally registering what was being said. Jesus what did I miss back there?

Maya rolled her eyes. "Were you really not listening Joseph?" she said giving me a glare.

I cleared my throat. "No sorry I was um, I was distracted" I spoke, I felt a little pink float to my cheeks as I gave Billie a sideways glance. She blushed too with a small smile. Maya seeing our little interaction and scoffed.

"Alright well remind me to tell the brothers that you guys need to be separated in class next time" Maya laughed, shaking her head. "Ashley has left production! The brothers said its due to personal reasons" Maya said with a shrug and a slanted smile. I had a feeling Ashley had told all three of us that her Dad wasn't well, but no one wanted to mention it just in case.